Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Love you, Mom

Welcome back to another sketch with SSD, but an all new month with new guests and a brand new stamp release! This month we have Angi Barrs as our sketch artist and this week we have such a fun sketch to work with!

You’re getting a sneak peek at the new set being released this month, Beautiful Botanicals. If you are a fan of Dandelion Dreams then you will absolutely LOVE this new set!

Another fun thing happening this month is the team is being sponsored by Scor-Pal and each member of the DT received a Scor-Buddy! I have the original larger sized Scor-Pal and while I love it, I am definitely enjoying a little bit of extra desk space when working with the Scor-Buddy! It’s the perfect size for cards and in this case helped to add a little dimension.

I scored at half an inch across the card back five times so that when flipped over the impression lines would show through to the front in place of a block like in the sketch. I love being able to add some visual interest and texture to my cards with such little effort!

Here’s the sketch we’re working with, we’d love to see what you come up with!

Angi Barrs SSD Sketch 118

Stop by the SSD Blog for more Skipping Stones Design inspiration!

8 comments:

Angi said...

I so love what you did with my sketch. I love the splash of blue. Beautiful!

Karen B. said...

Love the misting, and that blue color is gorgeous!

Wendy said...

This is beautiful Kandi!! Love the color splash!!

Jingle said...

Kandi, this is absolutely gorgeous!

jo (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Pretty! I love that splash of color on the card base! Clever!

hugs,
Jo:)

Stephanie said...

Kandi......I just went "OH!" when I saw your card this week! Love that blue mist behind the flowers. Just gorgeous!

~amy~ said...

super pretty...love the misting!

Marlena M. said...

Awesome misting and scoring!