Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Beautiful Botanical’s Release!

Hello, friends! Today Skipping Stones Design is excited to be releasing another beautiful stamp set! It is called Beautiful Botanicals and it is a must have! Even better, Skipping Stones has joined up with the fabulous Scor-Pal team for an amazing blog hop! The hop will begins at the Scor-Pal blog and will finish off at the Skipping Stones blog!

If you came from Amy Tsuruta’s blog you are already on track! If not, you may want to hop on back to Scor-Pal to join in on ALL the fun! Don't forget to leave comments! Skipping Stones Design will be giving away one stamp set to a lucky winner and Scor-Pal is giving away a Scor-Buddy, so there is lots to win!

Angi Barrs SSD Sketch 119

Here’s the sketch Angi has provided us for this week!

I have to say I love my original Scor-Pal, but I am loving my Scor-Buddy! It saves so much room on my desk and is perfect for cards! I used my Scor-Buddy to make this Gatefold card. The Scor-Buddy has two dots at 2 3/8 and 6 1/8 so if you’re using cardstock which is  8 1/2 long you simply score on those two dots and you have the perfect Gatefold card!

I decided with the sketch to focus on the largest sentiment in this set, the Happy Mother’s Day. I stamped it repeatedly on a piece of pink cardstock and then separated them into strips for the card front. The trick with a Gatefold card is to have some type of closure. In this case I used ribbon and when it’s slipped off the inside is revealed.

Here’s a peek at the inside! A simple little flower on the inside, perfect for you to add your own heartfelt sentiments!

ow it's YOUR turn! Join in the sketch challenge this week by creating a card using the featured sketch and link up to the Skipping Stones site for your chance to win FREE stamps! You don't have to use Skipping Stones Stamps, but we love when you do! Do you have a Scor-Pal or Scor-Buddy? We would love to see you rocking those, too!!! We ask that you don't combine the challenge with more than five total in your post (including SSD) and please link back here! Have fun! Your next stop on the hop is Wendy Price blog! A HUGE thank you to Scor-Pal for providing Scor-Buddies to the Skipping Stones Design Team! We LOVE THEM!

61 comments:

~amy~ said...

Love it Kandi!

Jingle said...

What a cute card! I love it!

rlovew said...

Lovely card- I love the colors you choose.

Angi said...

Fab take on my sketch! I love the large sentiment panels & the adorable felt flower.

Faye said...

Love the gatefold and the background...and everything else!

Yvonne said...

what a beautiful card. I love the colours. Regards from Holland, Yvonne

genagirl said...

My mom would love to get this from me! It's so beautiful!

silvia said...

Pretty card!

steph said...

Very pretty.

Cheryl Winget said...

Stamping the image in pink on the inside of the card is the perfect touch! So pretty.

AmyJ said...

Oh I love it. I love that you stamped the inside. Great job.

Regina said...

This card is absolutely adorable!

Jan Garber said...

Splitting up the sentiment on the panels is very creative! My mother would love this!

wendyp said...

Absolutely beautiful, Kandi!!!

Scrapindipity Chicks said...

i love ur card sooooo pretty n pink!

Miriam Prantner said...

Such a great card, love the fun fold!

Sheila said...

Awesome card! Thanks for sharing.

Ravengirl said...

What a simple and serene card! I love that you made a gatefold card. It totally works with that sketch!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Beautiful card.

Ultimate Whirligig said...

Fantastic card. I love the multi stamping, and I cant go past you felt flower

Delightful Designs by Katherine said...

Cute; love the stamp inside too.

CLM-cindylu2u said...

Love the design of your card, sooo pretty!!
Cindylu

Susan said...

I haven't seen sentiments stamped across panels that way. Very nice.

THE HOOSIER STAMPER said...

Beautiful card, will make anyone feel better...love it! :O)

Marlena M. said...

This is so pretty!

Kim said...

Love how your card goes together! I'm loving that the flower:)
~Kim

JoyLynn said...

I love gate fold cards. This is so pretty. Love the pink:)

karennarelle said...

oooh yes, thanks for the idea for a mothers day card. clever idea.

beadz said...

What a great gate-fold card!
hugs,
Gini

zehra said...

Great card, wonderful fold

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Wonderful card!

Karen Diebolt said...

What a beautiful card. I really like your work.

HockeyScrap said...

It's funny . . . every blog I go to I fall in love with the color choices. But I do LOVE these colors. It is one of my favorite combinations. Really beautiful.
dbonczek@comcast.net

AJ said...

Fun card- love how you used the sentiment for a background!

Wendy Thompson said...

Beautiful card Kandi thanks for sharing

jusaweecatnap said...

Love what you did with the text.

Amery said...

Great card!

Anita Braddock said...

Beautiful card love the way you split the paper like that love the colors. thanks for sharing.
abbraddock@msn.com

Ujjwal said...

Your card is so sweet!

maria f. said...

So cute. Love your color combo.

Lucinde said...

Lovely card

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

So pretty.

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Beautiful! Love the panels.

Brooke said...

just beautiful. Love the stamped panels.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so beautiful

Barb Ghig said...

Your gate fold card is so pretty!
Thank you so much for a chance to win!!!

Pamela said...

Love it! Beautiful card!! :)

Neha Jain said...

its so so so sweet

Barb's Boys Inspired said...

Gorgeous colors, Kandi! Hope you're feeling better!

Heather D. said...

Very pretty! I like your colors :-)

Scrapaddict said...

Just beautiful!

Linda said...

Love the way you split the sentiments. I have got to try that! Scor-Buddy must be perfect for it. The Skipping Stones Design stamps are lovely! Thanks for sharing!

EstherT said...

Your card is so pretty - I love the deceptive simplicity! Thank you!

nandini rao said...

so pretty

Lillian Child said...

Love the surprise blooms inside ... what a delightful card!

Cheryl S. said...

Love your gatefold card and the felt flowers outside and the surprise flowers inside!

Carmen said...

What a beautiful card! I love the red on pink!

Sheila said...

Very springlike card...love the colors used.

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

Wow - that green ribbon really adds a pop of color - love this!

Deanne :)

jo (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Gorgeous! I love the fold! :)

Ashley Rock said...

BEAUTIFUL! love this card! love how it opens and how you used the stamped sentiment!! Great!