Monday, February 20, 2012

Love & Joy

We can be silly and don’t act quite like grown ups, but that’s one of the many things I love about my relationship with Jake! :)

There was a song lyric challenge (SLC5) at Soul Scrappers previously and I realized I hadn’t shared that layout yet. The challenge is to be inspired by the lyrics from Celine Dion’s "Because You Loved Me.”

I will be honest, I couldn’t decide what photo to use for this and had a hard time until committing to use a strip of photo booth photos from a work party last year. From there it just seemed to click for me and everything fell into place.

The idea behind the challenge is to take a lyric or a word and use that on your layout. The patterned paper (Bo Bunny) was perfect as it actually held several of the words and even a phrase or two from the song!

I used a punch to create the movie strip piece for our photos, and then added some little embellishments in to round out the page. The mini bag holds a tag I journaled on. It talks about how Jake makes me laugh he will be silly with me, but that while we may grow old together, I hope we’ll never grow up. :)

Here’s the tag pulled out.

I have a few more layouts to share, still working on making a dent in my huge stack of photos. :)

2 comments:

wendyp said...

Beautiful layout and journaling, Kandi!!!

~amy~ said...

LOVE the layout Kandi!