Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Gracias

Welcome to Sketch Challenge # 102 and to showcase our Featured Stamp Set of the Month, Rustic Tiles!   Rustic Tiles is a versatile set, that you are about to see from our fabulous Design Team.  If you just came from Betsy's blog, you are in the right place.  If you just happened along my blog today,start at the beginning of the hop at Skipping Stones Design.  The entire hop order is there and you can hop from blog to blog with ease.

Be sure to hop along and leave comments on all the fabulous designers’ blogs.  This month we are welcoming Jimmi Mayo, Betsy Veldman and Jessica Griffin to our team as Guest Designers!  Chan Vuong will be providing all the fabulous sketch inspiration this month including the sketch we're using in today's hop!

So let’s start off with the sketch and then I can show you the card and the photo that inspired it all!

SSD103

I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do with this sketch, but after looking at the Rustic Tiles set it clicked for me that the tile designs reminded me of the tiles we saw in our hotel and around the town on our trip to Puerto Vallarta earlier this year. A quick search on Pinterest gave me this photo below and I knew I wanted to recreate this look.

334849204_6pzeRHMf_c

(Pinterest)

 

I used glossy cardstock so that when I colored in the stamps with Copics it would really help the colors pop off the page. I used the photo to help guide my color choices and to mimic some of the tiles. The sentiment “gracias” was done with shiny black Thickers and the ribbon is from our sponsor this month, Creative Impressions. The orange was the perfect pop to mix with these colors and bring out the rustic feel. The rest of the DT will be using these products all month long!

Make sure to head over to Karen's blog for some more Skipping Stones Design inspiration!

19 comments:

Jingle said...

What a wonderful burst of color! Great card, Kandi!

Wendy said...

This is a fun card and really makes me think of "sunnier" times on this drab and snowy day!! Great job Kandi!!!

nicoleqmullen said...

Amazing inspiration and your card is just superb!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wow! How bold and colorful. This is just beautiful!

camishel said...

Love the colors!

Elizabeth Cooper said...

What a wonderful, unique card!

Kai said...

Makes me want to tile EVERYTHING in those gorgeous designs! What a unique & GLORIAS card! Gracias to YOU for sharing this!

busybusyhoneybee said...

Very wild! I love it!
Hugs,
Karen C

Karen B. said...

What a cool and innovative way to use this set!

Sammibug said...

Very cool and so colorful! Awesome job!

Indy said...

What a different take on the rustic tile stamps! I've been to Puerto Vallarta--this is exactly how the tiles looked there!

wendyp said...

Wow! Kandi, this is amazing! Love the way you've used the tiles as inspiration!

Michelle said...

Oh, neat! I love that you got your inspiration from your trip.

Becky Dunham said...

WOW Kandi! This card is amazing! What a work of art :) I live in SLC too!

rebeccadunham at hotmail dot com

Anita Kejriwal said...

colours!!! They are truly gorgeous!!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

What a fun festive card, love the bow.

jo (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Wow! Great card! It looks amazing! :)

chrisd said...

Your card really mirrors those gorgeous tiles. I just love it!

kingstonmama said...

This is amazing. You really did recreate the look of those tiles. Ann Y.