Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Christmas Song Blog Hop Release!

Welcome to Sketch Challenge #97 and the release of Christmas Song! If you just came from JoAnn's blog, you are in the right place.  If you just happened along my blog today,start at the beginning of the hop at Skipping Stones Design.  The entire hop order is there and you can hop from blog to blog with ease.

Be sure to hop along and leave comments on all the fabulous designers’ blogs.  This month we are welcoming Andrea Ewen, Tammy Tutterow and Karen Christensen to our team as Guest Designers!  Cristina Kowalczyk will be providing all the fabulous sketch inspiration this month including the sketch we're using in today's hop!

I cannot even begin to tell you how incredibly excited I am for the release of this set! The sentiments and fonts are gorgeous, the images are divine, and it coordinates with the super popular Heart Song! Need I say more?!

I had so much fun with my first card that I just had to whip up two more to go with it and make a little Christmas Tree Trio! :) As Christmas approaches and we all think of card designs to mail we typically think of doing something flat to avoid mailing costs, but you may also consider a simple design that has a fun twist. I took those elements into my approach with this trio and loved the result!

 

I started off with the sketch and then alternated small things to make the set. That is one of the best things about a card set…make one card and then either repeat or make small changes to create a cohesive set.

SSD97

On this first card I used monochromatic purples with a vanilla circle and vanilla dmc floss. To dress up the tree I applied some chunky glitter around the edges with a two way glue pen.

To change this one up I used greens with a touch of brown and used the “Rock ‘n Roll” technique to add some of the darker green to the edges of the tree.

For the final card in this set I embossed the entire white circle with iridescent ice embossing powder, but it doesn’t show up too much in this picture. It shimmers so much and is such a quick and easy detail to add to glitz up your card.

There are so many great cards along this hop, and more peeks at the images and sentiments so be sure to head over to Tammy'sblog for some more Skipping Stones Design inspiration!

13 comments:

Jingle said...

Very pretty cards, Kandi! Love that purple one!!!

Andrea Ewen said...

Love the way you switched up the accents on the Christmas tree! I think my favorite is the glitter glass...so sparkly and beautiful!

Wendy said...

Oh my goodness...YES!! These are perfect!! Great job Kandi!!!

Taylor U. said...

They are all fantastic, but I am SUPER in love with the purple one!!! Fantastic job!

Della said...

Oh my gosh! These are soooo pretty! You are so creative!

Miriam Prantner said...

What a great set of cards! I like the green best.

Rochelle said...

Great idea! They look great!

Karen C said...

Gorgeous, as always!

Cheryl S. said...

Terrific set of cards. I always get bored when I have to mass produce cards so this is a great way to make some wonderful changes!
Thanks for sharing.

Karen B. said...

I'm so happy to see this set used with Heartsong, what a perfect combination!! Your cards are absolutely beautiful!!!!

jo (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

What a wonderful set of cards! I love your non-traditional christmas colors! :)

Barb's Boys Inspired said...

Cute, cute! Love the way you used the music score!

Stephanie said...

Oh, how I love your trio!!! Love all that gorgeous bling and the monochromatic look of each one! Just beautiful!