Monday, September 5, 2011

You make my heart sing

I was so excited to see the challenges posted by The Play Date Café and CAS-ual Fridays! The themes are similar (black, white and red colors) and the twist is a “splash” of red at PDC and “read” all over at CF to incorporate books and reading for National Literacy day on 9/8. (Prescheduling this as we’re still out camping!)

One thing about me, I LOVE books. I absolutely love reading. (Check out my reading lists in my top bar from the past couple years.) In first grade I got in trouble for my sloppy handwriting because I would rush though my homework so I could go to the reading square. I also got in trouble for using colored pencils on my homework. I justified it because it was a pencil and it was colorful and pretty. My brainiac nerdy self won though because my grades, yes even as a firstie, were pretty important to me and while I now have nice handwriting (thanks Mrs. Reynolds), I still retained my love of books and colors. ;)

Which brings me to my post today. I had no idea what I wanted to do for this card, ha! After mulling it over for a little while I realized that the colors are just like the Twilight book covers. It then dawned on me that I have the ultimate Twilight stamp set Fangs or Fur by SSD! I also knew that I had to have just a splash of red so I didn’t want to over power the design with too much red so that it would be fair and work for both challenges, which is pretty coincidental.

Ok, talky talk aside…here is my card!

So I would have done some things differently. I am still going back and forth on stamping the Edward/Bella stamp over the music notes. I kept thinking about doing a mask so they showed through, but then just didn’t do it for whatever reason, ha. The ribbon though was the tie in from another book cover, and the reason for the music notes is from Edward’s lullaby he wrote for Bella. Sentiment and notes are from Heartsong and sheet music is from Timeless Textures.

So here are the great inspirations from this card! I love the book idea challenge and may have to visit this one again!

FotoFlexer_Photo-CFC18splashred

6 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!! tfs!!

Virginia L. said...

So original and creative! Love your pleated ribbons and design! And the sentiment is so perfect! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Hope to see more of your fabulous work!

Laurie said...

What a fun design! I love the CAS look! That layer of music is so pretty! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

Andrea Ewen said...

What a beautiful card, that ribbon treatment is just fantastic! A striking splash of red! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOVE the image inside the tag on the music! Great idea:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC!

Laura Davis said...

Stunning!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura