Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Witching you!

It’s time for another SSD sketch challenge!

Our guest sketch artist Amy Sheffer has another fabulous sketch for you to try out! Don’t forget we also have these talented ladies joining her; our guest DT members: Cristina Kowalczyk, Chan Vuong, Nicole Mullan, Vanessa Menhorn and Amber Daigre!

Here’s the sketch we’re working with this week!

SSD092011-94

Last week there were so many layers that I took a really clean and simple approach to this weeks sketch.

The DT is using Halloweenie this week and here’s my take on the sketch along with this set! To really highlight the sentiment, I stamped the witch hat in gray and colored the band in with a Copic marker. The sentiment was stamped over top to go with the theme. I love the simplicity of this card and the use of the orange color that gives it that extra pop.

Be sure to visit the rest of the SSD team and our guests for their fabulous creations!

Jennifer Ingle
Joann Valderama
Karen Baker
Katie Gehring
Shannon Teubner
Stephanie Mino
Taylor Usry
Wendy Price
Wendy Jordan

13 comments:

~amy~ said...

love it Kandi!

Della said...

Cute card! I'm "witching" I could see you!

Crafty Math Chick said...

Very cute Kandi! Love the googly eyes paper!
~Meredith

Jingle said...

So cute, Kandi!!!

Jan Garber said...

I love the way you used the basic orange and black and made it special!

Karen B. said...

This is a great take on the sketch, and your colors are perfect!

Barb's Boys Inspired said...

That ribbon is perfect, Kandi, and of course the little hat is darling!

nicoleqmullen said...

This is beautiful, I love how you featured the hat and made it pop!

Wendy said...

I love this Kandi!!! Fun and Halloweenie!!! I hope you're having a good week!

Wendy said...

This is so fun I love the hat and those eyes in the background.

Taylor U. said...

totally cute, Kandi!

jo (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

So cute! I love that patterned paper too! :)

Katie Gehring said...

Very cute!