Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Miss You!

It’s Tuesday and that means it’s time for another SSD sketch! Sure feels like a Monday after that long and relaxing weekend we had though!

This week we’re joined by an all NEW team and brand new guests for the month of September. Ok actually typing that out slightly freaks me out a little how fast this summer/whole year has flown by. ;)

This month the guest sketch artist is Amy Sheffer, and joining her is our guest DT members: Cristina Kowalczyk, Chan Vuong, Nicole Mullan, Vanessa Menhorn and Amber Daigre! Talk about a crazy talented group right?!

Here is our first sketch and I will admit to being a little stumped at first by what I wanted to do because there were so many possibilities. I finally decided on just a simple approach (my go-to thing lately) and then the idea I had just needed to be executed.

SSD090611-92

So, here is my interpretation of the sketch! Telling a little bit of a story if you will. :)

I loved these colors together and showing this little lonely balloon with the “Miss You” sentiment (although sad) made me grin that the idea worked. The balloons, sun and hills are from Uplifting and the sentiment is from Victorian Summer.

Be sure to visit the rest of the SSD team and our guests for their fabulous creations!

Jennifer Ingle
Joann Valderama
Karen Baker
Katie Gehring
Shannon Teubner
Stephanie Mino
Taylor Usry
Wendy Price
Wendy Jordan

11 comments:

Jingle said...

Wonderfully fun card, Kandi!

~amy~ said...

such a fun card Kandi!

Wendy said...

I love Uplifting. I loaned mine to a friend and she left town for a month! After seeing your fabulous card, it makes me want it back now!!

jo (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

So very pretty! I love that set - I'm going to have to add it to my wishlist! :)

Amy Sheffer said...

Awwwww, how sweet and clever! Really tugs at my heartstrings!

Karen B. said...

Your card makes me smile. Love the colors and the design.

nicoleqmullen said...

This is beautiful Kandi, I just love the concept of it!!

Shannan Teubner said...

So stinking cute!! I love this!!

Vanessa said...

Love how you used this set, Kandi!

Taylor U. said...

FAB!!!! I adore these balloons, and you totally rocked them!

Stephanie said...

I absolutely LOVE your card and the story behind it. It's so perfect that you have the balloons getting farther and farther apart!