Saturday, September 3, 2011

May all your wishes come true…

Instead of packing last night for our camping trip (which we’ll leave for after football games this afternoon) I played around in my studio for a few hours! My fellow (new!) SSD DT Member Taylor is the hostess for the SCS sketch challenge and I loved her fun sketch so I knew I had to play along! This is my second post for today so be sure to scroll down for my SFYTT post that SSD is sponsoring!

I have been doing a lot of CAS (clean and simple) stamping lately and this one is no exception. The images are from the Skipping Stones Designs Dandelion Dreams stamp set. I heat embossed in white the dandelion and then the little flurry thingies. Seriously can’t think what those should be called, ha! I asked Jake and he said “wishes” haha love that guy!

Anyway, a little ribbon and a large white grommet thing from a pack I purchased awhile ago from SU and never got around to using completed the simple details. The sentiment was stamped in Marina Mist and with the “wishes” blowing away the sentiment ties in. :)

Here’s a look at Taylor’s sketch!

SC348 NC[2]

I loved the colors from the SPCC color combo this week, and although I don’t have these new colors I substituted to mimic the bright colors that I loved!

colorcombo115

Well, it’s off to football (ok to be honest I’m in the car typing this up using my air card!) and then to finish up all our camping stuff. I’m working on a few posts for next week from my card making spree last night so while the boys are warming up I can keep myself occupied. ;)

Have a great holiday weekend!

2 comments:

Barb's Boys Inspired said...

Love the way your dandelions turned out!

jo (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

How pretty! Love all the layers! :)