Friday, September 16, 2011

Featured Friday–Happy Halloweenie!

It’s time for Featured Friday at Skipping Stones Design!

All month long Happy Halloweenie is on sale for $12.49! The DT will be showcasing this versatile set next week with our weekly sketch challenge, and I also have an opportunity to share a fun project with you today for our Featured Friday post!

Halloweenie is a great set for making kids treats or sending out Halloween cards, but did you know you can also make a fall/harvest card with this set? Combine it with Everyday Blessings and you’ve got a perfect match!

Here’s the close-up I shared on the SSD Blog.

This sketch may look familiar to you. This month SSD is sponsoring SFYTT and I used this sketch as my starting point. The little pumpkins are found in Halloweenie and both sets of leaves and the sentiment are from Everyday Blessings. Combining these two gave me the perfect fall/thankful card without going in a Halloween direction!

I love looking at my stamp sets in a whole new way and maximizing every single stamp in each set! Are there any stamps in your collection that could use a little repurposing or some extra attention? I know I’ll be looking at my stamps a little more closely!

Make sure to play along with the current SFYTT challenge if you haven’t already!

SFYTTSept2011

6 comments:

Jingle said...

Kandi, this is so super cute!!!

Taylor U. said...

Adorable, Kandi!!! Great job with the fall card!

Stephanie said...

Kandi......This is so pretty! I just love that bright green! I also love how you used "Everyday Blessings'" leaves. Just perfect for the fall!

Karen B. said...

Great mix of the two stamp sets Kandi, and I love the bright colors.

Gladys said...

love the colors! so pretty!

jo (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

So adorable! It's getting me in the mood for Fall! :)