Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Coffee Love

Oh coffee, that sweet wake up in the morning. It’s pretty common knowledge among my co-workers and FB friends that Jake occasionally brings me coffee to the office in the mornings.  We work for the same company, in the same building and he usually gets in before I do. So he will stop and grab me a Starbucks latte and have it sitting on my desk as a surprise when I come in. I love those mornings. Truly I do.

So what does that have to do with anything? Well, this little card for example is all about some caffeinated love! :) I whipped this up last Friday but didn’t have a chance to post it before we went camping over the weekend.

The sketch from The Sweet Stop and the colors/stripes challenge from Embellish were all I needed to create this in no time. I had a lot of different ideas and directions I wanted to take but ended up going a simple route with some of my favorite stamps.

The base is stamped with the circular image from Garden Kiss, the coffee cup is from Coffee Vol 1 and the diamond pattern is from Pumpkin Seed Sentiments. The stripes tie in is the patterned paper on the coffee cup, and I thought the colors were perfect with coffee and little heart.

 

SSS124Stripes

6 comments:

~amy~ said...

my FAV SSD set...such a fab card Kandi!

Wendy said...

This is a great card Kandi. Your colors are great!! Have a good day!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, so pretty! Love that paper-pieced cup and the tiny heart. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop.

DAWN Braun said...

another paper piecing gal who loves Starbucks, sigh, when can we share a cup together?! I need to head on over and lap up some Pumpkin Spice! Fab card, love the colors!!

Kim O'Connell said...

Oh! I just love that paper pieced cup and that perfectly tied red bow! Thanks for playing along with us at the Sweet Stop this week!

Charlene Austin said...

Oh My ---such a darling card. And how sweet that your hubby will put a coffee on your desk in the mornings. Now that's the way to start a day off right!

Thank you so much for joining the Embellish challenge!