Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Happy Birthday Dad!

Welcome to another Skipping Stones Design Sketch Tuesday! This is our last sketch by Teri Anderson for the month of August and we’ve had so much fun with her great sketches!

This week we have another fun graphic-type sketch! The fun thing is that you can really make these circles anything you want them to be and give it a different take.

91

Here’s how I interpreted this sketch. I combined Grunge with Tough Guy for this guy friendly card.

The diamond plate, wood grain and “happy birthday” are found in Grunge, and the “dad” sentiment is from Tough Guy. The background was embossed with the Distressed Sizzix embossing plate. To make the denim piece I took a bashful blue cardstock circle and swiped my Not Quite Navy ink pad vertically and then horizontally to give it that denim look.

Make sure to check out the SSD blog for the rest of the team and our guests’ cards!

7 comments:

~amy~ said...

Such a wonderful use of the SSD stamps!!! Great take on the sketch!

Brenda Weaver said...

what an awesome masculine card, Kandi! Love it!
I had so much fun getting to know you over the past year. You are a real sweetheart. Thanks for doing such a great job as a DT coordinator!

Wendy said...

Great card Kandi!! Perfect set choices for a man's card. I hope your having a great day!!

Jingle said...

Great card, Kandi! I love it!

Barb's Boys Inspired said...

Oh...I almost used Grunge! As I said there were lots of ideas floating around...I just ran out of time! Yours turned out awesome!

Karen B. said...

Oh, fantastic take on the sketch. Love the colors and the techniques!

wendyp said...

what a fun use the the Grunge stamps! Fabulous card, Kandi!