Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Happy 10 Year Anniversary…

Today is not only a blog hop release day for Skipping Stones Design, but it also happens to be my 10 year anniversary! 10 years ago today I married my best friend and I’m so lucky to have him in my life.

Welcome to Sketch Challenge 89 and the release of Everyday Blessings! If you just came from Karen's blog, you are in the right place.  If you just happened along my blog today, start at the beginning of the hop at Skipping Stones Design.  The entire hop order is there and you can hop from blog to blog with ease.

Be sure to hop along and leave comments on all the fabulous designers’ blogs.  This month we are welcoming  Karen Baker, Maureen Plut, Stephanie Mino and Kryssi Ng to our team as Guest Designers!  Teri Anderson will be providing all the fabulous sketch inspiration this month including the sketch we're using in today's hop!

I chose to interpret this sketch as if it were a polaroid and I thought adding a picture would be a great touch for my anniversary card to Jake. I cut the photo as a 3x3 and mounted it to a 3x4 piece of white cardstock. A little cork and a clip completed the look of a polaroid picture on a corkboard! I really wanted it to be simple and work for a masculine card without frills and love how this turned out!

The sentiment is from Everyday Blessings…love this versatile set!

89

Now, I only highlighted the sentiment with my sketch card, so I thought I would also share two other cards I made using this awesome set. You can see some of the main images like the berry wreath and the two birds along with some of the sentiments. This set is so great for those fall/gratitude cards you’ll be making in the coming months!

For your next stop on the hop, please head over to Barb's blog for some more Skipping Stones Design inspiration!

PS – Tomorrow is Day 3 of the Blogs for Boobies Bounce (hop), so come back tomorrow for my little contribution!

PPS - I put together a little video for Jake to celebrate today. It’s fun to look back on all the good times we’ve shared and the amazing memories we’ve created. Happy anniversary to my love and best friend. <3

Happy Anniversary Jake!

Music credits: Adele – Make You Feel My Love, New Found Glory – Too Good To Be, Adam Sandler in The Wedding Singer – Grow Old With You

12 comments:

~amy~ said...

FAB projects Kandi!!! LOVE the first one...so very creative!

Jingle said...

Happy! Happy! Anniversary, Kandi!!! I love your cards! They are so cute!!! The polaroid idea is just fabulous!

catnap said...

Happy Anniversary! Love the cards, and especially the patterns.

CraftyRia said...

Great cards. I love the birdies.

Lillian Child said...

Congrats on your anniversary and what a delightful photo!

Karen B. said...

These are all great card, Kandi! Really like the first one though, shows the versatility of the set.

Brenda Weaver said...

awesome cards, Kandi, and congrats on your anniversary!!

Barb's Boys Inspired said...

Kandi, that is such an awesome anniversary card! I was wondering how the sentiment was going to tie in and of course it is just perfect! Congrats on your 10 years...such a sweet little family!

wendyp said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Fabulous cards! Love the polaroid one! Such a cute idea!

Maureen said...

happy belated anniversary!! I just LOVE the picture of you too and LOVE adding personal photos to cards :) I thought the sketch looked like a polaroid photo too :) It's GREAT!! Sweet little library clip and cork are adorable :)

skippy stamps said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!! What a cute idea to use the polariod and sentiment for your card!!!!

Wendy said...

Darling, darling, darling!! Your cards are fabulous. Your new family photo is sooo great. I'm glad your so happy Kandi. You deserve it!! Your a great gal!