Tuesday, July 12, 2011

You’re Amazing

Welcome to Sketch Challenge 84 and the release of Victorian Summer! If you just came from Jennifer's blog, you are in the right place.  If you just happened along my blog today, you can start at the beginning of the hop at Skipping Stones Design.  The entire hop order is there and you can hop from blog to blog with ease.

Be sure to hop along and leave comments on all the fabulous designers blogs.  This month we are welcoming Kim Kesti, Karen Baker and Karen Christensen to our team as Guest Designers! Kim will be providing all the fabulous sketch inspiration this month including the fantastic sketch we're using in today's hop!

Here’s the sketch for this week!

ssd84kesti

So I took some liberties with this sketch. ;)

Please excuse the horrible photo quality…my light tent and I are having issues, time to upgrade! ;)

I stamped the large medallion onto the card base and then used the rose and sentiment from the set for the main panel. The sentiment stamped in artichoke but doesn’t come through as well here. A little silver glitter glass gave the roses a little more pop. Lace and floss finished it off for a simple but fun card.

Head over to Wendy's blog for some more Skipping Stones Design inspiration!

17 comments:

Wendy said...

Cute card, great stamps!! I love your center die cut. You will have to share with me what company. I hope you are having a great summer. Take care!!

busybusyhoneybee said...

love the lace!!! So pretty!

Jingle said...

Very nice, Kandi!

Brenda Weaver said...

so soft and pretty, Kandi! I love the pink.

Gladys said...

So pretty! Love the pinks and the sparkle!

Tamra said...

Love the CAS look of your card....and the pink and grey combo! Such a wonderful set! Have a wonderful day Kandi!

Indy said...

Great card!

Barb's Boys Inspired said...

Very pretty Kandi...love that die cut label!

wendyp said...

very pretty! love how you stamped the medallion tone on tone in the background!

craftymom205 said...

Great card.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

Karen B. said...

I'm looking into getting a light tent too! Do you know what you are going to upgrade too? I would love some suggestions, as I've never had one before.


Right, on to your card! What a fabulous shade of p ink and the gems are just the perfect touch!

deedoodle said...

Great card. Love your crafting ability!

Barbara said...

Your card is awesome too! So many different ones and all from the same set of stamps! I love those stamps.

Hugs XX
Barbara

Tanja said...

Pretty card, thanks for sharing.

~amy~ said...

sooo pretty Kandi!

Carley said...

I just found your blog as I am thinking of trying out for the design team. I am not sure I am as talented as the other members but I just wanted to say how precious your blog is. You just are so creative and seem to have the best personality! I loved reading some of your posts! I am your newest follower just thought I would say hello!
Hugs
Carley

Cath said...

What a pretty card, Kandi! :)