Tuesday, May 3, 2011

SSD Sketch Tuesday–Free Choice!

Today we have a fun twist on our regular sketch challenges! Since May has five Tuesdays, we thought it would be fun to do a freebie “designers choice” week! So this week there are no rules, and no sketch to follow. We want to see what you can come up with! Feel free to use a past SSD sketch or do like I did and just create from the heart! ;)



I’ve also finally jumped on the doily bandwagon. I’d avoided it for awhile, but finally gave in. Starting to think it might be an addiction after you see what I have to share over the next week….ha. I’m adding doilies to just about everything.




PDCC79




For my card this week I used the colors from The Play Date Cafe and loved putting these colors together! I used Riding Hood Red for the red, and Old Olive for the lime. I know, not totally a lime or bright red, but close!












The stamps are from one of my favorite stamp sets Dandelion Dreams and were stamped directly on the doily. But, to make sure the stems didn’t get on the edges, I cut the center out of another doily to use as a mask! I’ll definitely be using this trick again!




Make sure to visit the other "Stamp Tramps" to see what they created, or visit the SSD Blog!




Amy Tsuruta




Ann Kranitz




Barb Turpin




Brenda Weaver




Gladys Chia




Jennifer Ingle




Tammie Beaton




Wendy Jordan

13 comments:

~amy~ said...

Love your card Kandi...such a great color combo and I'm a huge fan of doilies!

Tamra said...

This is so pretty Kandi!! Love how you stamped on the doily and the color combo rocks...of course I also LOVE the buttons!

Tracey said...

Beautiful card Kandi!!! LOVE the doilie and buttons!! THanks so much for joining us at The Play Date Cafe :)

Ruby said...

Kandi, I just LOVE how you've stamped onto the doily. Your photograph looks so lovely and bright too! What's your secret?! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

Andrea Ewen said...

Wowzers, this is a beautiful card, Kandi! The stamped images on the doily are so super vibrant! And against the gray background it stands out marvelously! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Play Date Cafe!

Barb's Boys said...

Wow, I love how those colors pop on that doily! I'm lovin' the doilies too, I'm thinking I need a doily die...hmmmm!

Jingle said...

Very nice card, Kandi!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

One word---LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE! I love how you did that doily with the image in the center! SO CLEVER! LOVE LOVE LOVE:) Thanks so much for playing along with us and joining in the fun over at the PDCC:}

Colleen Dietrich said...

Welcome to the Doily Bandwagon! They are fun, aren't they? Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Very pretty use of this week's colors. I like that you used each one for that focal point. Thanks so much for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.

Wendy said...

Another beauty. You rocked this color combination!!!! Fabulous!!

Michele Gross said...

WOW! I love this! What a cool idea to stamp the images on the doily!! Happy to have you with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Brenda Weaver said...

love it, Kandi! the colors are gorgeous!