Saturday, May 21, 2011

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico–Day 4

If you’ve stuck with me this long then we’re almost to the end of our trip and all the photos! ;) This may end up being the longest post out of all of them though and I’ve already had to split it up into two posts because there was so much!

On day four (Tuesday) we got to go our our City Tour of Puerto Vallarta! We went with Cammie and Ed, and our other co-workers Daniel and Chase. There was a bus full of other people from the other hotels they picked up along the way, but our little group of six had the best time!

IMG_3028

As we drove into Puerto Vallarta we passed along the boardwalk and saw these amazing sand sculptures. These were all taken from the bus, but I think still capture the beauty of the sculptures.

IMG_3030

IMG_3031

IMG_3032

IMG_3033

IMG_3034

We got off the bus and had this spectacular view of the bay.

IMG_3035

IMG_3037

IMG_3038

IMG_3039

IMG_3040

Some shots of the town and bay.

IMG_3041

Cabelleo del Mar (The Seahorse) is a statue that has become a symbol of Puerto Vallarta.

IMG_3042

IMG_3043

IMG_3044

IMG_3045IMG_3046

Took these mermaid statue pics just for my Mom and Dad! ;)

IMG_3047

It was so beautiful walking along the boardwalk and seeing the history of the town. It was built for tourism and they point out so many cool things along the walk.

IMG_3054

IMG_3057

IMG_3058

I’m a sucker for these bright colorful flowers!

IMG_3050

Our next stop was to the Our Lady of Guadalupe Church.

IMG_3060

IMG_3063

IMG_3067

 

I want this mailbox!!!!

IMG_3081

IMG_3082

IMG_3083

IMG_3084

IMG_3090

IMG_3096

Lots of shots along the walking portion of our tour. I was enthralled and could have taken so many pictures. I could see beauty at every turn.

IMG_3097

The flea market, such an interesting experience! Of course everyone had cheaper prices than the other person, just ask them! ;)

IMG_3098

IMG_3104

On the other side of the street we spied this little slice of green loveliness.

IMG_3111

We got back on the bus and traveled for a while in route to Mismaloya where the rest of our tour would take place. We did stop at this breathtaking spot on the way and I fell in love.

IMG_3115

IMG_3119

IMG_3120

I didn’t realize it at the time, but there is a lizard on the large rock!

IMG_3122

IMG_3124

Love that we have these pics of us together in such a gorgeous location!

I’ll stop here because I have so many more photos to share and this post is already so long! Tomorrow I’ll share the rest of the day including our stop to a little village for lunch, and the tour of the tequila distillery.

Tomorrow day 4.5!

1 comment:

Della said...

I was ooohing and aaaahing over the mermaids! and the seahorse, too!

Love the Mandevilla, Hibiscus, and Bougainvillea. It reminds me Florida ;)

Great pics Kandi, and I'm looking forward to your next post!

Love,
Momma