Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy National Scrapbooking Day!

By the time most of you see this I’ll be on a plane headed to sunny Puerto Vallarta, Mexico!  Unless you’re one of those early risers and are already tackling your massive stack of pictures and getting your scrap on! ;) May you get a lot of pages done today and create some fantastic new memories! :)

Today I’m so excited to be part of the SSD Blog Hop! We put together a hop with our past and current FABULOUS designers!

If you just happened to stumble upon my blog today you’re right in the middle of this hop, so you’ll want start at the Skipping Stones Design Blog!

If you just arrived from Sammye Jo's  blog, then you are right place! Hop along and see all the fabulous scrapbook pages  made with Skipping Stones Design stamps!!!    I promise you will like what you see!

I showed you more about my lunch visit to Mini’s Cupcakes in yesterday’s post (scroll down to view), and couldn’t wait to scrapbook the photo's I’d altered using Photoshop Actions.

I wanted to add a vintage touch, but I’m not very good at shabby chic so I relied on some doilies to help me out with that! I was inspired by this sketch from Creative Scrappers to start off. I didn’t end up following the sketch very closely, but it really did jump start my creativity!

Creative_Scrappers_154

I kept everything in pink, cream, white and yellow for a soft look.

I stamped the cute cupcake from Cupcake Cutie onto a doily, and the sentiment Sweet! onto twill tape.

I often forget about using stamps in my scrapbooking, but after today I’m reminded of how much fun they are and what a quick embellishment they make!

Leave a comment on each blog (some are giving away prizes) and when you have finished, go back to the beginning at Skipping Stones Design and leave a comment, telling us what you thought of the hop. One lucky commenter will be chosen Wednesday, May 11th to win the Skipping Stones Design may release stamp set!

Keep hopping along, and your next stop on the hop is Nicole! Have a blast today scrapbooking! I’m hoping to take some great pics while on vacation and share and scrap them soon!

24 comments:

nicoleqmullen said...

This is adorable, the colours you have used are so pretty and your stamping on the layout is super!

Brenda Weaver said...

cute page and the cupcakes look yummy! The doilies are the perfect accent for a cupcake page!

Barb's Boys Inspired said...

Wow Kandi, so many awesome details! LOVE the doilies, LOVE the way you stamped Sweet on the twill ribbon, LOVE LOVE LOVE that vintage button on the crochet flower...and on, and on...great job!

Hope you're enjoying Mexico, you two certainly deserve a great vacation!

Suzanne said...

The cupcake on the doily is a cute idea.

Karen B. said...

This is such a beautiful shabby chic page, you've nailed it!

Diana Fisher said...

Great idea stamping on the doilie! :) Love it!

Jan Garber said...

Haven't started scrapping, but now I'm starving! Those cupcakes look delish! perfectly scrumptius embellies! Hope you remembered lots of sun block! Have a great weekend!

neddgirl said...

Awesome!!

Rebecca
brrck@yahoo.com

Crafty Math Chick said...

What a cool layout (and yummy looking cupcakes!) I love seeing stamps used on layouts, and you used them beautifully. Happy Scrapbooking Day!

Michelle said...

what a yummy layout! love the colors and use of those doilies! sentiments are awesome too!

Karin (Peppermintpatty) said...

Love your lo and that Mimi's place must be AWESOME!!!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

This is so cute! Loved looking at those minis! Happy NSD :)

craftymom205 said...

Cute layout.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

Julie Masse said...

So fun! Love the doilies! :)

skippy stamps said...

Sweet Layout!!!Great details!!!

Heather said...

Very soft and elegant looking. Love that cupcake stamp!!

Lillian Child said...

So SWEET! Loved your cupcake photos and your page layout is just fabulous. Pink was the perfect color for these!

wendyp said...

yummy!!! Love the doilies added into the layout!

Wendy said...

#1...I have to get to Mini's. #2...the is page is fabulous and I love all the doilies. I have got to introduce you to this fabulous line of dies that are all doilies. I hope you have the time of your life in Mexico and come back completely refreshed!!! Happy Mother's Day Kandi!

MicheleC said...

What a sweet layout! Doilies, pink, sweets, stamps, vintage buttons, what could go wrong? LOVE IT!

Deborah said...

So CUTE :)

Darline said...

LOVEEE the Shabby Chic effect you created with the cupcakes! Thanks for sharing! Hope you "had" a wonderful vacation :)

Jingle said...

Kandi, your layout is fabulous! I love the doilies!

Chrisd said...

What a great project you created and filled with special extras on your cupcake page.