Friday, May 13, 2011

Featured Friday!

Welcome to Featured Friday! Each week the Stamp Tramps of SSD take a turn showing off an “older” Skipping Stones Design stamp set! We absolutely LOVE the new release sets, but we all love the past sets too so this is a win-win in showing you some sets you may have missed out on! Plus, you might find a set you just need to add to your wish list! ;)

As I sat down to put my card together almost two weeks ago I was preparing for my trip to Mexico. Visions of drinks were definitely swirling in my head (ha) and I thought it would be fun to pull out Friendly Fruit to create a fun little card using the lime sentiment and lemon/lime image!

 

FriendlyfruitWM

You can do so many techniques with the stamps in this set and achieve some great looks very easily. One of the techniques that I’ve loved since I first started stamping is the Emboss Resist technique.

On this card I’ve stamped and embossed the lime image in clear powder and brushed over the slices with green, orange and yellow inks. By changing out the ink colors you can get lemons, limes and oranges! Talk about multiple uses, right?! You could also print some sentiments on your computer to match with lemons and oranges, and you could even make a super cute hostess or friend gift with this set!

I’m loving this set even more as the weather warms up and these colors are making me long for summer! :) Have a fabulous weekend!

PS – My trip to Puerto Vallarta was incredible, pictures to come soon!

3 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Love this card!!! tfs!!!

Della said...

Where can I get this set? and is it just a stamp? meaning... would I need anything besides an ink pad to use it? After checking every craft store in town, and finding nothing remotely like this, Lace and I just ordered an orange slice stamp.

I love your card!

~amy~ said...

cute cute cute!