Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sending you smiles, SSD #73

Welcome back to another Tuesday Sketch Challenge with the Stamp Tramps of Skipping Stones Design! We have another fabulous sketch from Laurie Schmidlin, and I know you’ll love this one!

SSD73

Combined with this sketch I used the CR84FN color challenge!

CR84FN24 Graphic

I used the newly released Uplifting stamp set! I wanted it to look like these clouds and hot air balloons were just drifting off into the sky so popped up the vanilla square onto the main vanilla card base. Not exactly the way I really wanted it to come out, but it was so fun to piece the papers together, such a fun sketch! I used Baja Breeze, and then for the light blue I used Marina Mist, but stamped off once before stamping onto the cardstock.

 

For the patterned paper I used some older SU dsp from the SAB sale last year. The problem was the paper was white, but I wanted it to match the vanilla cardstock and color challenge. In order to achieve the right color I just swiped my vanilla ink craft pad over the paper and then wiped off the excess with a tissue.

Make sure to stop by the SSD blog to see what our Guests and DT members came up with!

10 comments:

~amy~ said...

darling card...love the cloud paper!

Wendy said...

Hey Kandi...I love that paper. I wonder why I don't have that. I should look. I bet I do!! Your card is GREAT and I think you achieved the look that you were going for! I hope you have a great week and if I don't "talk" (email), Happy Easter to you and your family.

Tamra said...

Great colors..love the cloud DP! Hope you have a wonderful week!

Jingle said...

Cute, Kandi! I love the cloud paper!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

So pretty Kandi! Love the clouds and the hot air balloons flying high above! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN :)

Barb's Boys said...

Excellent idea for the color change! Love those clouds...just perfect!

Brenda Weaver said...

what a darling card, Kandi! Love that cloud paper. it's perfect with the balloons!

Sue Lelli said...

Kandi, LOVE how you used the two different papers and popped that main hot air balloon! Super cute Card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Debgem said...

Super card - love the papers and the stamps - balloons are so uplifting!! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

Andrea M said...

Oh how pretty Kandi! Love the fabulous scene! That cloud DP is fantastic! Great take on the challenge colors! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!