Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Little Latte!

This is our last week with Laurie Schmidlin,and we’ve had some amazing sketches from her this month! This last one is super versatile! The Stamp Tramps of Skipping Stones Design and our super talented guests have all done such great variations so make sure you check them all out! I went in a more clean and masculine direction, and can’t wait to try using it in more of a feminine approach!

 

SSD74

I feel like I’m “a little latte” in many places and things lately! ;) Last month was my boss Chris’ birthday and we did a lunch and had a good celebration for him, but I completely spaced bringing in a  card each day! *Insert me smacking my forehead right here!* So, with this sketch I finally made a “Little Latte” birthday card for Chris! He is a HUGE coffee addict so of course my neglected Coffee Vol #1 was put to great use!

To create the cover around the coffee cup I stamped it in Early Espresso onto Crumb Cake cardstock and stamped the "star buck" in Garden Green. I then crimped the square after cutting it out and used a pop dot to lift it up off the to-go cup. I also crimped the banner portion to also mimic the belly band around the cup.

The coffee stains in the background were stamped in Crumb Cake and I loved the extra touch it added without taking away from the masculine feel.

Make sure to visit the other "Stamp Tramps" to see what they created, or visit the SSD Blog!

Amy Tsuruta

Ann Kranitz

Barb Turpin

Brenda Weaver

Gladys Chia

Jennifer Ingle

Tammie Beaton

Wendy Jordan

7 comments:

Brenda Weaver said...

Love it! What a fab card. The neutrals just make the pop of color all the more special. I love the larger photo too.

~amy~ said...

LOVE it....great use of that fun set...which is my FAV!

Tamra said...

I LOVE this card Kandi! The coffee cup was perfect to use for this sketch!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

What a fun card Kandi! Love the use of corrugated cardboard!

Barb's Boys said...

Totally awesome Kandi! A crimper is one tool I haven't invested in but thought about several times...you really rocked this sketch with that set!

Wendy said...

I love how you corregated the coffee sleeve. Cute, cute, cute!! I hope you are having a good week!

Ann Kranitz said...

This is fab!!! I just love the rustic feel of it!!