Thursday, April 28, 2011

Grand Calibur Projects

I shared the links Monday for the review I had done on the Grand Calibur by Spellbinders and wanted to share some of the projects I made with it.

Grand Calibur - Part 1
Grand Calibur - Part 2

 

Onto the projects!

First up was a quickie card using a brass stencil by Dreamweavers. I embossed the cardstock and then ran a distressing ink pad over the top to give it the aged look. After that I spritzed the cardstock with water and crumpled up. Added some simple navy strips of cardstock to the card base and added the embossed layer with pop dots.

Next, one of the shaped cards! I made two of these, so be sure to check out part two of my article to see the other one! Here I was showing how well the ovals and scalloped ovals coordinate to make perfect layers. I also used the smallest oval to create the sewing pattern flower.

The oval shape sparked ideas of Easter in my mind so a simple layout was done quickly with a few cut outs. Just for fun….. the layout above was done with pictures from 2007. Here’s a pic of Gwynie from this last weekend when we were dying eggs….so crazy.

IMG_2456

 

Here’s a quick little card using one of the die cuts with fabric and a stamped sentiment.

The giveaway is open until Friday 4/29 so you still have time to comment on either of the above links to have a chance at winning some of your very own Grand Nestabilities dies!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Sweet creations Kandi. I love my Grand Calibur and it looks like you do too!!! Thanks for sharing the Dreamweaver stencil card on your review and on your blog!!