Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Friday Lunch Date

So I realized I hadn’t shared these pics from awhile back when Jake and I went out to lunch one sunny Friday back in March!


Although we don’t really see each other a lot at work, unless we make a point to (or Jake comes to my office and takes fruits and Laughing Cow cheeses from my mini fridge, ha), we love being able to car pool every now and then, and take walks around the lake on nice days together. We also love having lunch together! Most of the time we grab a quick Subway or bring our lunch, and those times we just each eat in our offices (lame, right?), but when we actually leave and go enjoy a lunch together it makes it even more special.


Before our weather got all crazy and we had a touch of spring, we went Downtown to one of the best pizza places in Salt Lake! Settebello's is an Italian Pizzeria, and their crusts are all hand tossed, never rolled with a rolling pin. They import several ingredients directly from Italy and strive to make the most authentic Italian pizza possible…and in my opinion it is THE BEST! Now, I just need to go to Italy to do a comparison and taste test. ;)



Can I just say that seeing this picture makes me want to run to Settebello’s and chow down on their amazing pizza right now?! The crust is so light and airy, and the sauce is tangy and full of flavor. The cheese melts in your mouths and the oven roasting adds the perfect flavor to all the ingredients!


IMG_1610


This is the Quattro Stagioni : Margherita Divided Into Four Sections. Each Section Topped Separately With Wood Oven Roasted Sausage, Salame, Roasted Mushrooms, Calamata Olives.




Jake and I each ordered a full pizza and split them, each taking slices off the trays and devouring them! We took about three or four slices home...that was it! This is the Settebello: Crushed Tomatoes, Pancetta, Wood Oven Roasted Fennel Sausage, Roasted Mushrooms, Toasted Pine Nuts, Mozzarella, Basil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil.


Pine nuts on pizza? Yes, so amazing! My mouth is literally watering just thinking about these pizzas! Also the smell of these pizzas…ahhhh.




The décor is another reason I absolutely love this place. I didn’t snap many photos inside because we were so fixated on our pizza, but if you take a look at the website they have a gallery of photos which are incredible. This is one of the pizza ovens!


IMG_1612


Look at that giant spatula! That’s what they use to put your freshly made pizzas into the oven and then bring them back out after they’ve finished cooking. Also, see all the wood? Those ovens burn and burn with the stacks of wood they keep right in the restaurant along the wall right next to the ovens.


There are a few other local spots that we love so I’ll have to take my camera along and share some of those places with you!

No comments: