Thursday, March 17, 2011

Luck of the Irish Blog Hop!

PSA Essentials Luck of the Irish Blog Hop

Thursday, March 17th from 1:00 AM EST to 12:59 PM EST



Welcome to the PSA Essentials Luck of the Irish Blog Hop! I' so thrilled to be part of this fun hop and was so excited to be asked to join by the fabulous Libby! Below is a photo for inspiration as that's what we're all here for today- to inspire you!



You should have arrived from Jessica's blog and if you did you're in the right place! If you happened upon my blog today make sure to start back at the beginning at PSA Stamp Camp.Readers who hop to each of the blogs, comment at each, and are a follower of PSA Stamp Camp will be entered to win the “Luck of the Irish” prize. This prize contains: 1 custom stamp, 2 ink colors, 1 alignment tool & these Peel & Stick packs (just in time for spring!) - and you totally want that right?!



Alright onto my card for you today! I scoured through all of my stamp supplies and realized I don't have a single St. Patrick's Day stamp set! I had some options though, but decided to see how I could be inspired by the day and what I think of on this fun holiday. I instantly think of leprechauns and pots of gold which leads me to....RAINBOWS!


Using one stamp I alternated the colors and tilted the stamp to overlap and mimic a rainbow. Adding some Thickers to spell out "Lucky" and accenting it with some bling made this super simple card come to life! The thing I love is that it can be used for just about anything, so I can tuck it in my stash and pull it out for a Congratulations card for when someone shares exciting news like a new promotion, a fun new purchase, or maybe for that teen that "luckily" graduated this year. ;)

What else could you think of to transform in your stamp/craft arsenal for this fun day?! I'd love to hear your ideas and see how you can be inspired by all of these fun projects shared during the hop! Next up, please hop on over to Kim and see what she has in store for you!

51 comments:

Mina974 said...

Lovely card!

Nicole said...

Wow! Very original... and perfect for the occasion! Happy St. Patty's Day!

Maria said...

Super cute card ;0)

connie said...

cute card! Happy St. Patrick's Day.

Lori said...

simple but really works. I like it.

Wendy said...

Oooooo fabulous Kandi!!! I love it. Great background. I hope you have a super St. Patty's Day!! Don't drink to much green beer tonight, or today!!!

Silvergirl said...

I love, Love, LOVE your rainbow!! Fantastic card!

T said...

Very inventive. That's a great asset to reinvent something in that way. I used ten year old sizzix frog die in one of my St Patrick's cards. Hey frogs are Irish too!

Kristin said...

So pretty and creative to use rainbow in lieu of St. Patty's Day stamps.

Kristin
ksully4597 at gmail dot com

Trisha said...

Beautiful idea for a card. Love the rainbow effect. Happy St. Paddy's Day to you all and Luck Be With You. Thanks for sharing and I am a new follower. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com
http://trishacreates.blogspot.com

Romy said...

Such a creative card. I love it!

Tanya said...

Clever idea! I don't have any St. Patrick's Day stamps either. So cute!

Jessica said...

Very Clever designing. PSA is so diverse and the freedom to make just about anything! TFS and a chance to win!

Jess B.
thatzuneek@gmail.com

whoistracy said...

Just LOVE the gradient background. Sooo cool!

sleeplesswonder said...

Love the card, great idea on how to make a raibow. TFS. I am a new follower.
Hugs,
Melissa D
mkds312@hotmail.com
www.sleeplesswonder.blogspot.com

Angela R said...

I love the way you created the stamp colors into a rainbow! Thank you so much for sharing!
Angela R: arebori0204@gmail.com or www.scraptillyadrop.blogspot.com

quilt4fun2 said...

I like how you used the stamp in colors to make a rainbow. Sweet card. Thank You for sharing in the hop.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Theresa said...

Great idea, expecially for not having a St. Patricks Day stamp!
TFS
Theresa
tmdettloff@gmail.com

Sandie said...

Very creative! I'm impressed! This card is so cute.

Cathie w said...

love it very different TFS!!!!

cathie
scraphappycat@gmail.com

Aimee (aka carolinagirl) said...

Great card and collage of St. Patty's Day pics!!

Maria said...

What a fun card! TFS

Kath said...

I am a new follower to your blog. I have used heart stamps to make shamrocks. Not very original, but it works!!

Teri A said...

I am a new follower and I love your card

Thanks,
Teri
teri dot barefoot at gmail dot com

Cathy Gill said...

Great rainbow effect on your card.

kimosabescraps said...

Wow, love your rainbow!!! Great unique idea!

pat said...

super cute!

iluvkatie74 said...

Really cute. Love the rainbow effect.

VanessaB said...

unique- very nice. :)

Karen said...

Great card - I love that you used what you had!

Cindylu2u said...

Love your rainbow card and what an ingenious idea with the stamp!!
Cindy
miller896042 at bellsouth dot net

Brit in MN said...

Very cool! Love all the colors & how versatile this card is! TFS!

britngavin@clearwire.net

Holly said...

I like how inventive you were with your card!

hollyshobbie at gmail dot com

sharon g said...

I could use one of my botanical stamps, but maybe just part of the image, to make a shamrock?

SueB said...

great card - thanx for the inspiration and blog candy opp! I don't have near enough St Pat's stamps and am lovin' these PSA samples!

AJoy said...

Great background! Thanks for sharing.

April
nginerd at gmail dot com
http://ajoy2scrap.blogspot.com

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

What a CUTE idea!

Gordon said...

Very different and fun look. Creative.

FMonty said...

Great card!!! Love how original it is.

StacyC said...

Fun way to create a rainbow! Nice job.

Gina (Happymom2010) said...

I like your idea. I will be using your technique to create new patrons on you solid paper.
Thanks for sharing!

Gina L.
happymom2010learning at gmail dot com

Cherie said...

Love all the colors!

The Crazy Cardmaker said...

Really cool card =) I am now one of your newest followers =)

Hugs from Lilli =)
l.a.nikolaisen at gmail dot com
www.crazycardmaker.blogspot.com

carlies said...

great colorful card!!!

Jenny V. said...

Cool card!

Elena said...

What an interesting card... certainly very original. WOW!!!

Kim VanSheppy said...

Great Card, love the colors!! TFS
kimsheppard6 at hotmail dot com

Designs that Delight said...

This is a cute idea. Your coloring turned out great.
Thanks for the chance to win.

Dawn @ dawnsdesignsthatdelight.blogspot.com
designsthatdelight@gmail.com

Angela C. said...

This looks like a fun card and easy to make! Thanks for sharing.

Zamaline said...

Very original your card I like that

wendyp said...

what a fun card!!!