Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Date Night

On Saturday night Jake and I had a night off as my friend tooks the kids for a sleepover at her house and I was given tickets from my work. We turned it into a fun date night and decided we need to do this more often! We started out by having dinner at Market Street Grill. They are mostly seafood and fish, but have some great chicken, steak and rib dishes on their menu. Right next door is the Market Street Oyster Bar which Jake loves!




Look at those delictable rolls of sourdough! You get half a roll to start off and I swear I could have eaten just the bread alone! Which I did because I didn't get a picture of the bread at our table. ;)



We ordered some fried calamari for an appetizer and within a matter of minutes we cleaned this plate! The breading was really light so it didn't feel like you were just eating batter and grease, but you got the full flavor of the calamari. Their cocktail sauce was simply amazing, it had such a great flavor!



Then we both had the spinach salad. I don't know quite how to describe the flavor of the dressing on the salad, but it was sprinkled with fresh cracked pepper and had a subtle taste. It almost reminded me of tzatziki but wasn't as bold of a flavor...if that makes any sense!


Jake ordered the Alaskan Halibut with roasted potatoes and said it was the best he's ever tasted! "It was unbelieveable," were his exact words when I just asked him. :)


I ordered off their spring menu and had this Chicken and Wild Shrimp Curry. I loooooove anything with coconut milk in it, haha, and this was a perfect curry for me. Not too spicy, but enough flavor to pack a punch. I loved the slivered almonds and shredded coconut on top!




It came with rice, mango chutney, a strawberry and....a fried banana! Too fun! It was sooo good! I kept trying different flavor combos, ha! I'd try the banana with rice and chutney, then go for rice, curry and chutney, then curry, rice and banana, and well...you get the idea I mixed it up a lot!






Jake's dinner came with either ice cream or a cupcake so we decided to split some caramel ice cream. So delish! I'm not sure if I've ever had carmel ice cream before, but it tasted like vanilla with carmel topping, only better!







Being a cute husband and letting me take his picture before digging into our ice cream.











One of the great things about Market Street is they have a shuttle that would take us to Energy Solutions Arena, which is were the Jazz play and was next up on our date night! Even better is they would bring you back too!






One action shot from the game... I'm sure I have better ones but I'll just put this one up since I wasn't really into the game. ;) Well let me rephrase that...when they were winning I enjoyed it, but once they started losing in the 4th quarter I zoned out.




And one of the two of us on our date night!






After the game we went to The Red Door, one of the best martini bars here in Salt Lake! They have some amazing martinis (Monkey Love, Banana Split, Butterscotch Sundae - all from the Decadent menu and way more amazing drinks too) and a great atmosphere. It's very chill and so relaxing! It's not overly large which keeps the noise level down, and they always have great jazz bands playing live.




It was so great having a night out with my husband!

2 comments:

Orange Blossom Boutique said...

The food looks amazing! Calamari and halibut are two of my faves, but I really like all seafood. The curry you had looked pretty yummy, too, although I'm not a big fan of curry, yours did sound yummo with the coconut milk in it. Glad you guys got a night out and had such a good time!

Barb's Boys said...

What fun! So nice for you two to be able to have such an awesome date! Everything looked so yum!