Friday, March 25, 2011

Blast From the Past Blog Hop!

Hello and welcome to the Skipping Stones Design "Blast From the Past" Blog Hop! Today the Stamp Tramps are "dusting off" their older sets and giving them some love to jump start an all NEW feature you'll see on Fridays at the SSD Blog! You should have arrived here from Amy's blog and if you did you're in the right place! If you didn't, make sure to start at the beginning at the SSD Blog!

Did you know that you can scroll to the bottom of the Stamp Store to see the order in which the stamps came out and were released in? The further down they are the older they are!

I've pulled out two fairly older sets Blocks and Borders Swirls and Funny About Men for my card today. The argyle pattern was stamped in gray onto celery cardstock and comes from the blocks and borders stamp set. It's full of fun swirls, butterflies and this great pattern which is great to add another "manly" touch to your card!



The funny thing about this card though is the inside as you can see it's for a girlfriend! :) I think I know just the person this needs to go to! (And she'll probably know it's for her once she reads this!)



So how old is your oldest SSD stamp set?! We love to see your creations week after week so make sure to join in on our current sketch challenge! You can also link your creations to our Facebook page. Every Friday, we look into our photo galleries and choose a Facebook Featured Friday Stamper. Once a month, those Featured Stampers have a chance in winning a FREE Skipping Stones Design set, JUST for uploading their SSD creations on our Wall....sweet deal right?!

You're next stop on the hop is the always amazing Wendy, but before you go I have TWO stamp sets up for grabs! This week the DT used either Chick Chat or Gray Hares in their sketch cards so I have one of each of those sets to giveaway! Here's how to win!

1. One winner will be picked from comments on my blog.

2. One winner will be picked from another DT members blog, so make sure you leave comments for everyone to increase your chances of winning!


Here's the hop order in case you get lost along the way! Happy stamping!


Tammie - http://alwaysinking.blogspot.com/
Amy - http://tsurutadesigns.blogspot.com/
Kandi - http://kraftykandikrafts.blogspot.com/
Wendy - http://papertherapy-wendy.blogspot.com/
Jennifer - http://justjingle.blogspot.com/
Barb - http://barbsboys123.blogspot.com/
Gladys - http://gladyschia2010.wordpress.com/
Brenda - http://sweetpapertreats.wordpress.com/

17 comments:

~amy~ said...

LOVE it Kandi...sooo fun! happy friday!

nicoleqmullen said...

Love this card, I love the sense of humor in the Funny About Men set, its just fantastic! And the borders set is just so versatile, I will have to add that one to my wish list!

Tamra said...

Great card Kandi...this is a set I don't have yet!

Wendy said...

Kandi....Your card is darling!!! What do you mean you are out of mojo!!! It will come back...Pinterest, Pinterest, or you can always go to the scrapbook store. That works for me!!! Thank you so much for your support!!! Have a great weekend!

iluvkatie74 said...

I love that card. It is so cute.

iluvkatie74
at yahoo
dot com

Jingle said...

LOL! Cute!!!

Rochelle said...

Hilarious! And cute!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Love that card - and the sentiment is so TRUE

SnowflakeDreams1 said...

Love the card. Would love to have that card to give to all my girlfriends. Thank you for sharing.

Crafty Math Chick said...

(SNORT!) Too funny Kandi! That set is on my looooong wish list. The saddest thing? The first two sets I ordered from SSD were Chocolate #1 and Buns & Crunches - I know this because I saved the invoice, the sad thing? I CANNOT FIND THEM ANYWHERE! I want to use them SO badly but I know the minute that I reorder them I will find the originals, so I am stuck in this rut. I Do already have Chick Chat and Grey hares though (aren't they cute? I love the snarkiness of SSD sets!) so please pick someone else to win them if you get my name the first time, okay? That way someone else can enjoy these two cute sets. :) Happy Weekend!

Barb's Boys said...

Very cute, and that argyle turned out awesome!

Do we need to go to the expo this weekend? I had determined I don't NEED anything and then saw some booths advertised...what's a girl to do?

craftymom205 said...

Great card. Love it.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

Rose said...

LOL this is too funny! and true!!

have a wish list and need to get on the ball and order some SS stamps!

Lynda said...

How cute and accurate! I don't think I've seen that stamp set before.

skippy stamps said...

LOVE this card!!!!

LesleyfromWI said...

Super cute card!!

Indy said...

Cute card!