Sunday, February 13, 2011

Project 365: 2/6 - 2/12

This by far has been such a weird week! I know part of it was work stuff that was going on, and part of it was Jake being gone for State Wrestling, but I don't think I was able to capture the weirdness of this week. However, there were still some fun things that went on!



2-6 - A very short and drastic haircut! I was upset at first, but it's starting to grow on me. If anything it taught me to be patient and wait for my regular stylist. ;)




2-7 - Why yes this is a pot of rice, but why you ask? I am known for burning rice at my house (remember I don't cook at all guys), and this was my first successful attempt at making rice for swedish meatballs. I actually cooked when Jake was at a Wrestling tournament instead of resorting to fast food...it was a miracle or so the kids thought!




2-8 - No red peppers at our local grocery story, so we ended up with these pretty yellow/orange ones. They sure made delicious fajitas! (So glad Jake was back home to cook, not sure if I could have done it two nights in a row!)

2-9 - Only three toothbrushes in the holder...We miss Jake a lot when he's gone on the weekends for wrestling tournaments, but it was even harder when he was gone during the week. Can't even tell you how happy it makes me to see four toothbrushes when I go to bed at night! ;)

2-10 - Brainloaf!! Or at least that is what Brady and I call it! Brady LOVES meatloaf and can mix it all up himself, which he also loves to do. Since hamburger resembles brains (to a little kid it does!) and then you add the ketchup (blood) to the top, we love to call it BRAINLOAF! Then we pretend we're zombies...ahhh good times. ;)


2-11 - Happy birthday to Jake! Jake wanted to go to Simply Sushi for his birthday lunch, and he knew it was on my 29 Things list to try. I'm so glad we went because I actually found some things that I liked! I only tried the crab and shrimp ones, and one with scallops, but so far so good. I'm actually looking forward to trying out new rolls and maybe even some fish ones next time! Still don't particularly care for the seaweed, but it's not as bad as I thought.

2-12 - Happy mail! My issue of Paper Crafts magazine, and Jake's Golf Digest magazine. These were the only things in our mailbox today...no bills or junk mail...happy mail day!


Annddd....in case you were wondering...my new haircut. This was Friday night at Jake's 30th birthday party. We went to Keys on Main (a dueling piano bar) and had such a great time! We had tables reserved for 30, and had almost that many people show up...it was crazy and so much fun!



Leave it to our husbands to "bomb" our cute picture! ;)


We're off to go watch Gnomeo and Juliet with the kids to celebrate Jake's birthday with them. They got him gift cards to Game Stop and Cabela's so I'm sure we'll be headed there sometime this week! Hope you all are having a great weekend! It's almost 60* here which is a freaking miracle for SLC in February! I am loving it and the sunshine!

1 comment:

Della said...

Your new haircut is awesome on you! Congrats on making rice! Although I'm still wondering if maybe it was Minute Rice?!