Thursday, February 10, 2011

Keepin it real

I'm in a talkative/contemplative mood.......so enter a blog post about my random thoughts, ha. Plus, Jake isn't home tonight and I usually have a hard time getting to sleep when he isn't here....so blog post it is! And it's long, sorry. ;)


1. Love, love, love this lotion (Dark Kiss from Bath & Body Works) that I got a month or so ago. I actually wasn't going to get it, but Jake really liked the smell so I thought why not. My bottle is almost gone now - I use it like crazy! Every time I put it on people always comment on how good it smells so if you're looking for a new lotion I would definitely recommend it.


2. Finished up The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest over the weekend. What an incredible series. I have a few books in my "To Read" pile but I'm not sure quite when I'll get to them.


3. My favorite snack right now - A Laughing Cow cheese single (light) with 10 Reduced Fat Triscuts - so good! Love rounding out my little snack with an apple, too. It's the perfect afternoon or mid-morning treat.



4. I'm facing the fact that my hair has gotten super thin and has always been fine, but that unfortunately is a lethal combination. The last few years I've realized I need to keep it short and on Sunday I cut it super short. I didn't like it at first, but it's growing on me now. I'll share pictures on Sunday during my 365 update.


5. Jake is not home right now because of State Wrestling. It's actually bittersweet for me. I am so excited to have my husband back home again, but I know that this is his passion and he will be sad to see the high school season end. At least we'll have Peak Wrestling and Brady's tournaments to keep Jake busy.


6. Some commercials really make me wonder....pajama jeans, really? Especially the commercials that are on at midnight when I'm sitting here posting.


7. I am so proud of my Momma! In the last few months she's lost over 40 pounds (more than that actually I think, but I don't know the exact number) and looks amazing. She posted a new pic on her Facebook and I was totally blown away! My Momma is such a hottie and I think she is going to age so gracefully and beautifully.


8. Jake turns 30 on Friday! Some days I feel like we are still our 18 and 19 year old selves when we first met, ha. The kids and I are going shopping tomorrow (well technically today) for a present...not sure what that will be yet but I have a few ideas. We're meeting friends for a night out to celebrate Friday night and I can't wait!

9. Headaches suck. They aren't migraines though so I will take a headache any day over the migraines I used to have. Still irritating though.


10. Some days I wish I could be Super Mom of Everything. I'm sure we all have this same thought, but I think I'm at the point where I'm over it, ha. I know I won't ever get everything I "want" to get done in a day, let alone a weekend, but I'm accepting that I'm human and that I need to appreciate the things that I have accomplished.


So how about you guys? What's been on your mind? If you have some great healthy snack ideas I'd love to hear them, or what's been going on in your life?


It's almost 1am here so I better get to bed or I will regret it in the morning! I'm feeling pretty tired finally so hopefully I don't toss and turn all night. At least there is one positive - a nice big bed all to myself! ;)

3 comments:

gssfam said...

I love reading your blog! You are an inspiration! I agree with you on this post...pajama jeans..what the heck? I also wish I could be super mom and I'm not quite over it yet....:(

Della said...

The Laughing Cow light swiss is one of my fave snacks, too! I also like fat free cream cheese with sugar free strawberry jam on a whole wheat bagel. Virtually fat free, and filling!

Della said...

Oh, and thanks for saying I'm a hottie!
;)
Mom