Monday, January 10, 2011

PSA Flowers

I went a really simple route with this card inspired by this photo on the PSA Stamp Camp blog.




The colors in the card mimic the colors in the bouquet, and I thought the background paper tied in nicely for a springy card full of flowers. The stamped bouquet and the heart ring around the circle are in the PSA Originals stamp set Mr. and Mrs.



I have been using my new dies a lot, and on this card I wanted to layer them to look like a flower. The center portion of the flower was represented with the pink and then the yellow layer was to represent the petals. It look awkward all by itself though, so I added in the other layer to balance out the design and anchored it with brads to make it more cohesive. The layout and design was inspired by this card.

I love that this stamp set doesn't have to just be for wedding cards. With the flower bouquet stamp and the flower paper it translates itself into any category. I think I'll send this one to Jake's Grandma, it just reminds me of her and I know she'll love getting some "flowers" in the middle of winter! ;)

If you haven't already, make sure to stop by the PSA Stamp Camp blog, and check out some of the great inspiration they've had going on!

3 comments:

Libby at PSA Stamp Camp said...

This card is beautiful! I love that you are sending it to Jake's grandma to give her flowers in the winter. So cute!

Sue Lelli said...

This is DARLING! LOVE that circle stamp with the hearts! LOVE all the thought that went into your layering and the brads are a FAB detail!

Barb's Boys said...

Very cute, love all the layers of die cuts!