Saturday, January 8, 2011

Printable Calendar Project

My Mom and Dad have always been so supportive of my crafty addiction, and I love them so much for that along with so many other reasons! When I was a teenager and first getting into scrapbooking my Dad put in a counter top in a spare room in our house to make it into a craft space for us girls. I can't count how many times I had layouts spread all over that counter top and they never once complained, at least that I can remember. ;) I remember being around 21 or 22 and working on a scrapbook for my Mom to give to her friend and my Dad said, "You would just love to do this all day wouldn't you?" with a huge grin on his face.


They, along with my awesome husband, just get me and my passion for papercrafting. So, being naturally supportive and totally knowing me, they've always known exactly what to get me for Christmas and my birthday. In years past they've given me my Cricut, my Jukebox, and my Gypsy, and this year for Christmas they got me a Bind-it-All!

Mom also got me the Bag-a-Bind, and the Tool Kit (all pink woot!) along with a ton of covers, insert pages and wires, so I was all set to create a ton of projects!

Last night I finally tried my BIA out and it is so simple and easy to use that I just may have found a new addiction...mini books or anything I can think of to bind, ha! I watched some videos and literally in a matter of minutes I had bound a cute and fun little project.

I wanted to make a small calendar for my desk and searched around for a printable calendar that I could put together and bind to make a flippable calendar. I found a couple that I liked on Etsy and was torn between two really cute designs, but ended up going with this one here.




I loved how the colors matched some of the current SU colors and cardstocks that I have so it made it so easy to coordinate! I printed the calendar pages (3 sheets total, 4 months per sheet) onto Very Vanilla cardstock and then cut each month at 3 1/2 x 4 1/2. Then I mounted those onto Old Olive cardstock on sheets that were 4 1/4 x 5 1/2.





On January and December I added some chipboard to reinforce them, since they are the beginning and end of my calendar, to help support it. I really love how this turned out and can't wait to make a few more for some friends and co-workers!


PS - My Mom has always been into ceramics and more recently jewelery making, and for saying she doesn't do paper crafts, she made me the cutest Christmas card! It's a replica of her tree complete with the tree skirt I made her. One year Jake and I drilled about 100+ seashells and strung them with jute for Mom's tree. It's such a gorgeous tree and is perfect for my Florida family. ;)

1 comment:

Della said...

I love your flippable calendar! Very cool, Kandi!