Thursday, January 13, 2011

KISSing with your stamps!

Hi everyone! Today I'm sharing a fun tutorial over at SSD on Stamp Kissing! This is a fun techinique that allows you to really maximize your stamps and give them a whole new look! I'm sure a lot of you have already tried this technique before but if not, let's get started! There are a few different variations on how to "Kiss" and today I'll be doing a really simple technique, but I have a video that shows you four different techniques at the bottom of this post.

The only supplies you need for this technique are a solid stamp, a background/texture stamp and your ink pad. Today I'm using the bird from Garden Stamp Kiss and the woodgrain from Grunge. Garden Stamp Kiss comes with three different designs to "kiss" to the bird and butterfly in the set, but I love combining my sets for some creative and unique looks!




In this version going to start by inking the background stamp, and leave the solid image uninked. Normally you would do it the other way around, but in this case I want to focus more on the background/texture design, and have a soft outline of the solid stamp. (You'll see the difference in the video!)


"Kiss" together your solid stamp with the inked background stamp.


Gently lift up to reveal the pattern the solid stamp has picked up.



Huff (breathe onto it) to moisten the stamp.



Stamp onto your cardstock and.........



You're left with the solid image stamp, but which now has a pattern to it!



Using this bird I created a Happy Birthday card.





Here's another card I created using the bird and one of the background images in Garden Stamp Kiss and is the second and third technique demonstrated in the video. The script on the flowers is also from the Garden Stamp Kiss set, and the frilly ribbon border is a stamp from the Frills set.



Now to really step up your "Kissing" techniques and other ways you can use your stamps, take a look at this video Heather created! You can see her finished cards in this post here.



3 comments:

~amy~ said...

Love that technique Kandi!

Ruby said...

Ooh thanks for sharing your technique, I'd read about it, but never really knew what it was lol. Lovely!

Barb's Boys said...

I forgot to say how much I like both of your example cards.