Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I'm Always Here...

Welcome to a new month with the SSD sketch challenges! We have some fabulous guests this month and I'm so thrilled to see what these awesome ladies will come up!

Loved this sketch from our super talented Guest Sketch Artist this month, Amy Sheffer!



I was inspired by the colors and the butterfly from the photo from the Cupcake Inspiration challenge this week. They look so delish it would be so hard to eat them! ;)




I used the butterfly and sentiment from Always Here and the two background panels from Timeless Textures. Paired up Black and Cherry Cobbler for a striking effect when combined with Very Vanilla. Love these colors together!

The butterfly was colored in with a Copic marker, and I cut two butterflies out to layer and lift it off the card. Be sure to stop by the SSD Blog and join us in this sketch challenge! Prizes are given out each month so you don't want to miss it!

PS - Don't forget to leave a comment on THIS POST as the giveaway is open until Wednesday the 5th! You could win Cupcake Cutie! I'll be posting the winner on Thursday!

Make sure to visit the other "Stamp Tramps" to see what they created, or visit the SSD Blog!
Amy Tsuruta
Ann Kranitz
Barb Turpin
Brenda Weaver
Gladys Chia
Jennifer Ingle
Tammie Beaton
Wendy Jordan

11 comments:

~amy~ said...

::thud::

The sketch today has seriously rocked the Design Team...I'm loving what you've done with it Kandi..your card is so very eloquent...one of my new all time favs of your work.

Lesley from WI said...

Your card is gorgeous and elegant. I'm loving it!

Wendy said...

I love this card and those colors are fabulous!!!! I hope you have a super day Kandi!

Ann Kranitz said...

That bow is just gorgeous!!! Love how you interpreted these two challenges.

Jingle said...

Beautiful card, Kandi! I love those colors!

Laurie said...

Kandi this is so pretty! My favorite color combo for sure! I love the red cardstock with the music! Gorgeous!

Brenda Weaver said...

Beautiful!! I love your layered butterfly.

deedoodle said...

Kandi: Really cute card. Love your inspiration as well.

Rachel Hope said...

Gorgeous!!! LOVE the butterfly!! Thanks for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

Laura {aka scrapaddict} said...

Beautiful card, Kandi!! Love it!

Barb's Boys said...

Wow, those colors are awesome together! So rich, and the embellies too! Wonderful!