Monday, January 31, 2011

29 Things Update

Since my post from yesterday was so long with Project 365 I decided to post my 29 Things update today. And you know because I didn't do much of anything this weekend because of other commitments. ;)

So, where am I at on my 29 Things Before I'm 30 list? Crossed off a few, have a few in the works, and a few that I seriously need to start working on if I'm going to finish them over the next 11 months! Here are the ones that I can share/update on, the entire list can be found in the link above.

In Progress:

1. Project 365 - Still dutifully taking pictures each day and enjoying the process. I wake up and wonder what the day will bring, what type of moment or memory I'll be capturing. Some have been easy, some I've had to think about, but so far it hasn't been a problem finding things to take pictures of. I've heard people have a harder time the longer it goes on so we'll see how I'm doing around June. ;) You can view all of my photos and info about each day here.

7. Lose 10 pounds - I've lost 14 since June, but only 1.4 in the new year thus far. I'm still plugging along to lose those other 8.6. Starting to get back to working out this week so that should help.

8. Read at least one book a month - Some may consider it cheating, but I've listened to two audio books this month and I'm counting them. I personally think it takes more concentration and focus to listen to an audiobook versus actually reading it. Probably just me, but since I do have to "work" at it, I'm counting them, and it's my list and my rules, right?


Fade Out (The Morganville Vampires, #7)Fade Out by Rachel Caine
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
I'm coming to a point in this series that I'm not quite sure if I want to keep reading them or not. The plot is still essentially the same...town of vampire and humans that coexist with rules and stipulations, Claire is a genius with "interesting" friends, there's a bully that wants to kick her ass on a daily basis, and a mad scientist vampire who happens to be her boss. Throw into the mix a new character who torments Claire and friends, and then someone who tries to kill her. Sounding familiar and has the same plot line as the other books? Yeah, I thought so too. The only thing that's keeping me reading the next few is my curiosity. At what point does it all end for this series, and how will it wrap it? Will it wrap up, or continue to be this story always continuing to tell their day to day lives? Also, once I've invested as much time into a series as I have at this point, I just feel that need to keep going.


Kiss Of Death (The Morganville Vampires, #8)Kiss Of Death by Rachel Caine
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Talk about the road trip from hell! I thought this would be more about Michael's recording session in Dallas and their experiences outside of Morganville, but the whole story took place in remote towns and was about the people/things they ran into outside of their "safe" town. A few times I kept wondering what could possibly happen next to the group and sure enough something else did happen that made me pause and wonder why they always had such horrible adventures. Biggest mouth-gaping-open-moment...Eve's new car (a hearse)....really??! I think it was important for them to realize that danger still exists outside of Morganville, and was also important for them to realize what they had waiting for them back home. I would love to see them free from the restrictions that are placed on them, but I don't see that happening. Interesting to see what will happen once they return home and what the future has in store for them. Once again I'm still stuck in finding out what happens with this story.

View all my reviews

28. Send at least one handmade card a month to a family member/friend/loved one - Successfully sent 5 cards out in January and heard everyone loved them! Definitely will try keeping this up because it was so gratifying hearing that the card Jake's Grandma received was the perfect pick me up on a day when she had really needed it and was feeling down. That right there is motivating me to continue to send out cards each month.

Complete

14. Blog every day for a whole month - I technically did this for the month of January (with this post), although I want to do it again because it just kind of happened and had no real thought or plan behind it. Being the list person that I am I really want to have a month packed full of inspiring posts, cards, layouts, and other projects to share on the blog-o which results in some planning and time. January I knew was a crazy month so I didn't have enough time to really invest in it.

26. Go snowboarding with the fam (even though I hate snow) - Went boarding with my "work family" for a team outing. Since I hate the snow and really may not ever repeat this again, I'm calling it complete. You can view the photo in my Project 365 on 1/12.


So there you go...2 complete and 4 in progress. Some I can't do until later this year (summer outings), but #15. Complete all challenges from the 52 More Scrapbook Challenges book (39 left)........I really need to get working on! Roughly 4 layouts a month if I start working on them in February...gotta get busy!


Anyway, I hope that seeing my progress helps motivate you as you're working on your goals or resolutions for this year.

1 comment:

Ira S. said...

Great blog. Why not kill two birds with one stone? Upload your Project 365 photos into the Internet based system that allows you to design, sign and "snail mail" out a heartfelt greeting card to someone you want to reach out to? That way you can speed up no. 28 using your own art.

The web page is www.sendoutcards.com/b2b

Go there now and try mailing a heartfelt greeting card for Valentine's Day to someone you love - for free - on me!

www.sendoutcards.com/b2b
www.cardgrowth.blogspot.com