Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thankful

I meant to post this on Thursday, sorry!


Today I am thankful for many things....

I have a lot of things to be thankful for, and I wanted to share a fun list of those things!


10. Post-Its


I know it's silly, but I LOVE Post-Its! I use them so often that they have to be on this list! From grocery lists, to-do lists, and even card sketches or color combo ideas, I use my Post-Its!


9. Coke Zero



I used to be a huge Pepsi drinker, but wanting to cut the extra calories I switched to Coke Zero. I honestly can't go back to regular Pepsi now, but I can't handle any Diet...so Coke Zero it is! I've tried the Pepsi Maxx, but for some reason this is the one I prefer!



8. Books



How could this be a complete list of things I'm thankful for without books being on here?! I love diving into a great book! So, I'm thankful for those authors that pour their heart and souls into their work so that we can enjoy them.


7. Cheesecake






Raspberry to be specific! ;) Looove cheesecake! Not much more to say about this one, ha!




6. Wrestling



Brady at the Utah Summer Games. One of his pins during the season last year.


Jake coaching the high schoolers at one of their duals last year. He's the blue in the sea of black.



Gwynie, Jake, Brady and me at the Utah Summer Games, June 2010. Both Jake and Brady wrestled and each medaled in both styles (Freestyle and Folkstyle).



Jake (who would probably kill me if he saw this pic of him in a singlet on my blog, haha) in the blue, at the Summer Games. This is his "ankle pick" that no one can block.



Another Summer Games photo. Brady gets so determined and I'm pretty sure he's checking the clock and the score in this picture. ;)


Ok, maybe some days I'm not thankful for this (wink, wink), but I love that Jake is a coach and that my little guy Brady loves to wrestle. Jake does his regular job, and then coaches high schoolers and is the Director of their Freestyle club. I know he loves it, and that's why I love it, and I'm thankful that he has this opportunity. Plus, his pay for the season pays for our vacations...which leads me to....


5. Vacations

Daytona Beach, August 2010

We love vacations! Whether it's a road trip, a mini vacation, or visiting family, we love to travel! We got to spend 10 awesome days with my family this summer and had a blast! My kids also do amazing on road trips so we know we can just pack the SUV up and go just about anywhere with them! They're only 11 and 7 and are already asking when we can go to Paris and London, haha. I have a feeling we'll be doing some super fun vacations in just a few years once Brady is a little older! I'm so thankful that my family loves to travel and that we have the means to do so.




4. Hobbies



I love, love, love papercrafting! I am so thankful to be on a team with SSD and be surrounded by awesome people in that group! I also love writing articles for Craft Critique. It combines my love of writing along with my passion for crafting. Two happy little worlds combine! I'm also thankful for blogging and all the awesome peeps out there like you! Thank you for stopping by my little blog and thank you for your sweet comments that are so kind and encouraging!


3. My job



If you're one of my friends on Facebook then you know how much I love the company I work for, and the people I work with. I'm so fortunate to have a job I love and one that I truly enjoy doing.

2. Friends

Nick, Brooke, me and Jake - May 2008



Steph, Melissa, Sharon, Mel, Kelly, me - Halloween 2009



Me, Steph and Mel - Halloween 2010

I have the best friends a girl could ask for! There have been so many things happen to each of my girlfriends recently both good and bad. I am so thankful that I could be a part of their lives to help share the burden or celebrate the happiness with them. I cannot imagine my life without any of these girlies!


1. Family



Uncle, Josh (brother in law), Laci, Dad, Kyle (bro), Mom, Shae, me, Jake, Brady and Gwynie


My side of the family when we were in Florida. Not to leave Jake's family out, we just haven't had a group pic for awhile. ;) I'm the oldest of my siblings and I love these guys so much! (PS - we were on a slant, Jake is actually a little taller than me not shorter like he looks in the pic, ha)
My sisters....We laugh so hard when we're together! And we all fake smile after we've been drinking a little bit (ok a lot). ;)

I am so thankful for my family. I am who I am because of them. My parents are so amazing and my siblings rock. Jake is the perfect guy for me, and my kids are the freaking coolest kids ever. Seriously. I wouldn't change a single thing about any one of them.
All in all, I have a lot to be thankful for.

2 comments:

Barb's Boys said...

So sweet Kandi!

Charlene said...

Lovely post..lovely family!