Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Miracles...

You never know what to expect when your husband tells you, "I have a project I need you to do tonight." Um....ok? Turns out it was a card, easy enough right? Well kind of.

As I've mentioned a time or two, Jake is a high school Wrestling coach (and still works his regular job too). Well, a Mom of two of his wrestlers went in for surgery yesterday to have a masectomy when they'd already done the same surgery two years ago on the other side. Jake wanted a card to have the team sign for her, but I knew it couldn't be too fussy because it's a bunch of high school boys giving her this card, and it needed to be large enough to fit 35+ boys' signatures.

So enter the card I made in about 3 minutes....super simple and really plain, but a 5x7 card that's perfect for the boys to give her.

I'd already picked out a card I'd made previously with this set (Cancer Shmancer) to give to her, but I'm so glad the team will have a card for her as well.

PS - I did a Tips & Tricks Thursday post over at Skipping Stones Design today so go check it out!

7 comments:

~amy~ said...

perfect-o! So sweet of your hubby to ask for the card..

Wendy said...

This is perfect Kandi!!! That was soo kind of your hubs to do this!!

Barb's Boys said...

Very nice of Jake to ask for that...Dan asked for a masculine card big enough for many to sign last week for a guy at the post office with cancer...funny how they always ask the night before they need it! Oh well, at least they care enough to ask!

Basement Stamper said...

What a beautiful card to give to the Mother, I'm sure she will be very touched of all the boys thinking of her. Gorgeous and I love the sketch.

Jingle said...

I love this card! So simply beautiful!

Gladys said...

simple and sweet! Love it!

Cathie w said...

very very nice

cathie
scraphappycat@gmail.com