Sunday, October 24, 2010

Your Friendship...

Well after two rainy days I thought it would be fun to do a snowy card since I know that's what we'll be expecting here soon!


Plus, this gives me a great way to show you my newest thing to play with (Dreamweavers Stencils) and a sneak peek at a set being released next month by Skipping Stones Design!

I was lucky enough to win two stencils during the Dreamweavers hop, and my fabby SSD DT member Wendy Jordan is doing a giveaway if you show off some of your projects with your stencils. So naturally I need to play along!

I'm still learning how to use these awesome stencils so I started off simple this time, but yes more play time is coming with these. ;) I used some of the Whitewash Coredinations cardstock, ran the stencil through my Big Shot, and then sanded away to reveal the color and the raised dry embossing.




See that cute snowman and sentiment? You may remeber seeing this set, Sassy Snow, around February when SSD sold a few of them during our Hop(e) for Haiti. I'm so excited that it will be officially released next month!

Here's a close up of the stencil! Once I had it all sanded away I cut up my piece into separate strips and then added some glitter to the raised images. And can you see something that looks a little like snow? I've used my Snow Pen with this set before as well, but hang tight and I'll tell you more about it closer to December. ;) *wink, wink

Supplies
CS:
Night of Navy, Bordering Blue, White, Basic Gray, Coredinations
Ink: Momento Black
Stamps: Sassy Snow (coming in November!) by Skipping Stones Design
Misc: Dreamweavers Stencil, Big Shot, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Snow Pen, Brads, Copics

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh Kandi you DID an awesome job!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to play along!! I really appreciate it!! You can see some really good embossing paste techqniues on You Tube!!! Thanks again!

Deborah March said...

Mmmm, LOVE how you've done those pretty snowflakes!

Pam Hornschu said...

Love how the white wash looks sanded. I've used the other Coredinations (you can see one on Wendy's blog), but I like how the color comes through on yours. The texture shows really nicely as well. Love the added glitter on the embossed areas. Thanks for playing along on the challenge!

Kristi said...

LOve the snowflakes and the distressing! One of my fav things to do!

Barb's Boys said...

Kandi this is excellent! I've been looking at that coredination paper, now I want it even more! Cute with the Sassy Snow set also!

Terrece said...

Kandi, great job! Love the snowflakes behind the snowman. I'm kinda partial to snowmen!!
Thanks for playing.
Keep creating!!

Louise said...

Great job Kandi! You'll be hooked on stencils before you know it, creating with them is so much fun!