Tuesday, October 19, 2010

SSD Sketch Tuesday #47!

It's Tuesday and you know that means another Skipping Stones Design Sketch Tuesday post! I am loving the sketches from our Guest Sketch Artist Karen, and this week she has another favorite Sweet Sunday sketch to share with us!




Last Friday, both Cancer Schmancer and Grunge released and the DT has been using and loving both sets! We all have used Grunge in some fun and interesting ways today, so you definitely want to check everyone out at the Skipping Stones Design blog!

For my card, I combined Grunge with Tough Guy and love the clean and simple look acheived for this masculine card.

I stamped the sentiments first (Dad from Tough Guy) and then stamping off once I was able to stamp the tools in a softer shade to overlap the sentiment. Pairing it up with the woodgrain stamp from Grunge completed the guy look! Who says guy cards can't have buttons and ribbon?!

Supplies
CS: Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi, Very Vanilla, Kraft DSP: SU Prints Pack
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi
Stamps: Grunge and Tough Guy - Skipping Stones Design
Misc: Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, corduroy button, hemp, circle cutter

Make sure to visit the other "Stamp Tramps" to see what they created, or visit the SSD Blog!
Amy Tsuruta
Ann Kranitz
Barb Turpin
Brenda Weaver
Gladys Chia
Jennifer Ingle
Tammie Beaton
Wendy Jordan

7 comments:

~amy~ said...

I love your fabulously masculine card!!!

Brenda Weaver said...

Love your fabulous card, Kandi!

Wendy said...

I love this card. You hit the masculine "nail" right on the head....Bahahahahha, I can't believe how funny I am!!!

Have a good day!

Lea L. said...

Fabulous masculine card...right down to the colors!! Great job! ♥♥♥

Barb's Boys said...

Love the way your sentiment shows over the cute little hammer! And of course the corduroy button!

Ann Kranitz said...

I just LOVE the distressed edges and the woodgrain in the dark brown.

Jingle said...

Very nice card! I love that button!