Friday, October 1, 2010

From Screen 2 Scrap - Guest Designer!

This month I am so honored to be a Guest Designer over at From Screen 2 Scrap! S2S is a challenge blog for layouts using movie posters for inspiration! The lovely and talented Shazza makes it such a friendly blog and the posters always have a fun twist to them for added criteria.

Here is the poster for October (fitting with the pinks for this month, right?):

My Fair Lady



Added criteria for an extra 6 points:

1. Shades of pink = 1 pt

2. Blue title = 2 pts

3. A handmade Hat = 3 pts


Here is my layout with the criteria, and the inspiration behind the layout!




Going with the "fair lady" concept, this is my Gwynie girl. My own little fair lady, that is the fairest in the land. ;) The bow is mimicing the one in the poster, and the buttons, pearls and lace just seemed so vintage and nostalgic grouped together like that like in the poster. Title, pinks, and hats - check!

The hats are from Skipping Stones Design and are from the Well Behaved stamp set. I stamped them on cardstock in white ink, and then cut them out and added the pearls. Too fun!

I have a prize up for grabs and I get to choose the winner! So take a look over at their blog to the picture of my prize pack and submit your layout, I'd love to see it!

3 comments:

Della said...

I love that card and pic of Gwyner! Awesome!

~amy~ said...

You are one busy chickie...congrats on the GD!! Such a sweet layout!

Barb's Boys said...

So sweet! Isn't Shazza fun? Going to have to check this one out...