Saturday, October 16, 2010

Friends Give Color....

My first time playing with the Color Throwdown challenge! I loved these colors and they were so fun to work with! Thanks for the awesome inspiration!



I used an old Sweet Sunday sketch for this layout, and I'm so happy with how it all came together for a pretty clean and simple card. I haven't ordered any of the new In Colors yet, so I had to substitute with Real Red, and Certainly Celery for my card.






The main flower imagess are from Dandelion Dreams and then I stamped off once in chocolate ink to then stamp the woodgrain from Grunge over the flowers. The sentiment is from Healing Wings and one I thought fit nicely with this colorful card!


Here is a close up of the main image. Love these flowers and the woodgrain stamped over it!



Supplies
CS:
So Saffron, Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Certainly Celery
Ink: So Saffron, Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Certainly Celery
Stamps: Dandelion Dreams, Grunge and Healing Wings
Misc: Circle cutter

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Kandi...this is WOW, WOW, WOW!!! Love it!! You'll win the throwdown on your first try!!! Super duper!

wendyp said...

Gorgeous job with the color challenge!!! I'm so behind in reading blogs that I totally missed the release of the new grunge set...LOVE it!

Noomiy said...

Like them too :) Nice interpretation :)

Carla (cmsuto) said...

Beautiful card! I love the woodgrain over the flower silhouettes! Great take on the colors! Thanks for joining in on the Color Throwdown!

PenLight said...

This is so lovely! Truly a card I would buy in a store and pay 7 bucks for. Really gorgeous job with the colors challenge. Beautiful!