Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Boo Treat Set!

It's time for another SSD sketch Tuesday! It's the beginning of a new month so we have new guests! My post yesterday on the Skipping Stones Design blog introduces you to our guests, and we are so excited to have Karen Giron as our Guest Sketch Artist this month! Karen is the creative genius behind her Sweet Sunday sketch challenges so she's picked her favorite sketches for us to use this month!

This week the DT is using Halloweenie and made some treats to go along with our cards! Here is our sketch this week, #45:

And here is my card and treat item! Can you believe Ghost Peeps?! I was so excited to find them and they match perfectly with this little stamped ghost from Halloweenie!

For the candy corns I wanted to make them stand out more, so after I colored them in with my Copics I used the Colorless Blender to make polka dots on the yellow, and stripes in the orange. I am so in love with that cute and simple pattern!


Here is a close-up of those candy corns along with the cute treat bag. I cut the top at three inches and scored it at 1.5 and stapled it to the bag top. I layered the white candy corn strip over completely hiding the staples. It makes such a cute and simple treat bag that you could easily mass produce for the kiddos!




Supplies
CS: Basic Black, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight
DSP: SU
Ink: Momento Black
Stamps: Halloweenie
Misc: Copics, stapler, black grosgrain ribbon, circle cutter


Make sure to visit the other "Stamp Tramps" to see what they created, or visit the SSD Blog!
Amy Tsuruta
Ann Kranitz
Barb Turpin
Brenda Weaver
Gladys Chia
Jennifer Ingle
Tammie Beaton
Wendy Jordan

6 comments:

~amy~ said...

sooooooo cute Kandi! Love the treats too! Gotta love candy corn:)

Barb's Boys said...

Kandi, this turned out so cute-love the crisp white to tie in with the 'ghost peep'! Excellent use of the Copics to make that candy corn pop!

Lea L. said...

This is very cute!! I love the sweet candy corns!! ♥♥♥

Brenda Weaver said...

I just think the way the treats match the stamping has to be about the cutest thing ever. And your making me hungry for marshmallow treats.

Gladys said...

So so sweet and cute! Love it!

Ann said...

Super cute creation!