Monday, September 6, 2010

Thinking of You

Ok two posts in one day crazy I know, but I had some time to participate in some challenges which I haven't done in ages! So indulge me with my double posting, haha. ;)

I just posted a card made with one of the fabric flowers my sister Laci made for me out of the fabrics I choose, and now I have a card to share with a flower she'd made awhile back. Imagine my surprise when I found one of them exactly matched the current Embellish Magazine color challenge! The new ones she made me she used her button maker to match the fabric centers, but this one has an actual button which is black - too perfect!





I tried matching the colors as close to the fabric as I could and used Certainly Celery and Perfect Plum. I cased the layout of this card from a card Jen del Muro posted (here) since I wanted to incorporate a round flower but needed squares to match with the challenge requirements. Thanks for the inspiration Jen! I used sets I had already had out on my desk from my last card - Timeless Textures and the sentiment from Always Here both sets by Skipping Stones Design.

I can't wait to share my fabric flower cards with my sister, she'll be so excited! Laci sells these adorable Flower Hair Ties in her Etsy shop.

Supplies
CS: Certainly Celery, Perfect Plum, Whisper White
Ink: Certainly Celery, Perfect Plum, Basic Black
Stamps: Timeless Textures and Always Here
Misc: Corner rounder, Modern Label punch, Black brad, Fabric flower

5 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Very very pretty!!

~amy~ said...

this is soooo pretty!!! love the use of the Timeless Textures...super...and the flower bloom is perfect!

Barb's Boys said...

How perfect is that! I'm jealous, that flower is totally amazing! And I love the way you rounded the edge on your little squares...this card rocks!

Nicki said...

I love this card!!! That ribbon flower is beautiful. Love the layout. Great job on the challenge! ;-)

Maile Belles said...

Gorgeous! Love the flower and squares. So glad you could join us in the Embellish Challenge.