Tuesday, September 7, 2010

SSD Sketch Tuesday - #41!

It's time for another SSD Sketch Tuesday and its a brand new month so we have new guests! We are so very thrilled to have Ashley Cannon Newell as our Guest Sketch Artist this month! We're also so excited to be joined by the Guest DT members - Lea Lawson, Teresa Kline and Sarah Martina Parker! This is our first sketch reveal with the new DT also so its such a fun reveal!



All of our sketches this month are so incredible, and I absolutely loved this first sketch! I loved it so much that I had to make TWO cards! So here is our first sketch for September - #41!





Such a fun sketch right?! I decided to show you how one sketch and one stamp stamp set can be changed around to create a totally different look by only altering a few things! I used Stitched Stamps so you can see how versatile this stamp set really is!



For my first card I used the heart and the "Love you" sentiment to create a fun card for just about anyone!




I started off by dry embossing the red with my Big Shot and a love/valenties impression plate. For the hearts, I started at the bottom and stamped in the lightest pink color and then worked my way up with hearts and darker shades. The sentiment was then stamped, and I hand stitched the word "sew" with some pink embroidery floss. A cute cord button and ribbon finish off this simple card!



For my next card I went in an entirely different direction! I flipped the sketch, changed out the colors, and used the flowers and "Thanks" sentiment.



It was so fun building my own flower garden out of these stitched stamps and using bright springy colors! This really was a quick card because it was mainly stamping and then layering just a couple pieces. Can you believe these two cards were both made with this sketch and Stitched Stamps?! I love when I have a stamp set that can be used for so many different types of cards!


The other DT girls and our guests have some amazing cards to share with you as well so make sure to visit them!

Supplies


I Love You Sew Much
CS: Real Red, Pretty in Pink, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White
Ink: Real Red, Pretty in Pink, Pink Pirouette
Stamps: Stitched Stamps
Misc: DMC floss, Fiskars apron lace border punch, Sizzix impression plate, Coduroy button, Real Red ribbon

Thanks Sew Much
CS: Wild Wasabi, So Saffron, Rose Red, Regal Rose, Whisper White
Ink: Wild Wasabi, So Saffron, Rose Red, Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink
Stamps: Stitched Stamps
Misc: Scallop border punch, Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon

Make sure to visit the other "Stamp Tramps" to see what they created, or visit the SSD Blog!
Amy Tsuruta
Ann Kranitz
Barb Turpin
Brenda Weaver
Gladys Chia
Jennifer Ingle
Tammie Beaton
Wendy Jordan

3 comments:

WhiteRacoon said...

Wow! Love these crads! The stitches are soooo cozy! Absolutely stunning!

Jingle said...

These are both super cute!

~amy~ said...

I 'sew' love both of your cards!!!