Monday, September 6, 2010

Have a Beautiful Birthday

So today after starting the unpacking process (10 days for 4 people yields a lot of laundry!) I settled in to spend some time in my craft room!

When I was on vacation I saw the Hair Accessories challenge at EBTKS and wondered what on earth I could use out of Gwynie's hair things that would make a cute card. Then here comes my super crafty younger sister Laci showing me these cute fabric flowers she's been making and it clicked that I could have her make me some to use on a card!



Laci sells these adorable Flower Hair Ties in her Etsy shop and so we set up a trade! HA, I know she would have just made these for me, and I would have just die cut her the snowflakes she wants for Christmas cards, but this made it fair to each of us! ;) I picked out some that she had already made, and then selected some of her fabrics so she made me a handful while we were there as well. Laci said she'll send me some more, yay. So excited for those! I couldn't wait to put one of these darling flowers on a card once I got home!

I combined this challenge with the sketch over at 2S4Y and it was so fun to put it all together!






For the background on the gray paper I stamped one of the images from Timeless Textures in Versamark and heat embossed it in white. The sentiment is from the newly released Always Here both sets by Skipping Stones Design. I used some black satin ribbon to wrap around the top and then looped some behind the flower to mimic petals.

It's so nice to be home but I miss my family like crazy already! My Mom got really sick on the last day we were there so it made it even harder to say goodbye, but they're keeping her comfortable in the hospital so hopefully she is home soon as well. Hope all of you in the US enjoyed your extra day off, I know I needed it! ;)



Supplies
CS: Daffodil Delight, Basic Gray
Ink: Basic Black, Versamark
Stamps: Timeless Textures and Always Here
Misc: Fabric flower, Black satin ribbon, White EP

13 comments:

Angie Tieman said...

Wowza! Love this awesome card! The fabric flower hair bow is to die for! Thanks for playing along at 2S4Y!

Janneke Smit said...

beautiful! love the colors

Laura Davis said...

This is lovely!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Winter said...

Oh My! I LOVE the flower, the color combo, and pretty much everything! :) Thanks so much for playing along in the EBTKS challenge! :)

Barb's Boys said...

Kandi, this one is just as awesome as the last one! I'm really loving the sentiments from Always Here, may have to invest in that one.

So sorry to hear your mom is not well, hope she gets better soon.

Jinny Newlin said...

This is so pretty! LOVE your color combo! I made one of those flowers, for my niece's birthday, and attached it to a headband. So fun!

~amy~ said...

♥♥swoon♥♥ I love this card...the color combo, the embellies...and of course the stamps :)

Ann said...

Gorgeous creation! Thanks for playing the EBTKS challenge!

Lynnette said...

This card is gorgeous, the colors, the layout, all of it!! Love it! Thanks for playing with the EBTKS challenge

Courtney Baker said...

Oh my word that flower is AMAZING! Thanks for playing girl!

Emora Designs said...

Wow, what a great card! That flower hair accessory is beautiful and looks gorgeous on your card as well! This is a lovely card. With your talent you really should consider entering the challenges over at Papercraft Star http://www.papercraftstar.blogspot.com they are offering a lot of prizes right now too! Oh and they post all of their challenges weeks in advance to give crafters a head start!

Regan

jen said...

This is FAB!! Congrats on your EBTKS win!!! :)

gladyschia2010 said...

So pretty! love it!