Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Two for Tuesday

Hi everyone! It's Tuesday and that means its time for another SSD Sketch Challenge with the Stamp Tramps of Skipping Stones Design! We are so excited to have the talented Maren Benedict join us this whole month as our Guest Sketch Artist!

Here is our third sketch for August - #38! Don't you just love this fun collage-y look for the sketch? I deviated a bit from the sketch on my first card....
I used Cupcake Cutie for the main cupcake image and frosting, and then the sentiment is from Birthday Donuts. I LOVE that so many of the SSD sets can be interchangeable like that! The frosting was outlined with a glue pen and then dazzling diamonds glitter was sprinkled over top. The banner is popped up with dimensionals and is rolled a little bit to look like a real banner. Since I did such a girly pink card that deviated from the sketch, I decided I better do a second card! ;)



This card uses Timeless Textures (muscial background) and Dandelion Dreams (flowers and sentiment) for a softer and subdued look. I stamped right on the twill for the sentimet and then secured both ends with brads before adhering to my card with glue dots. Now, I'm not a vintage or shabby chic cardmaker at all, so this is probably as close as I might get, ha!

I apologize my blog has been getting neglected this summer! :( Once things wind down after August I'll have more time to devote to my cards and layouts which I am throughoughly looking forward to! I have some fun plans for the blog-o and can't wait to share! :)


Wishing you
Supplies
CS:
Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Whisper White
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Pink Pirouette
Stamps: Cupcake Cutie and Donut Birthday
Misc: buttons, silver cord, Swiss Dots embossing folder, brads, circle cutter, dazzling diamonds glitter

May all your wishes
Supplies
CS:
Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake,
Ink: More Mustard, Old Olive
Stamps: Timeless Textures and Dandelion Dreams
Misc: buttons, brads, hemp, twill tape, circle cutter

Be sure to check out the other "Stamp Tramps" and our guest sketch artist to see what they've come up with!
Amanda Sewell
Jen Ingle
Michelle Giraud
Peggy Russell
August Guest Sketch Artist Maren Benedict

PS - We received some AMAZING submissions for the SSD DT Call! I'm so excited with all of the talent we have seen! Emails will be going out by Friday the 20th!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

beach nude news [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/traveltommy/] nude pictures[/url] .

Ann Kranitz said...

These are really gorgeous!!!

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

wow, this is soooo cute...I have to use this sketch this week..have a super sweet day!

enjoy *~*