Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Musical Butterflies

Hi everyone! It's Tuesday and that means its time for another SSD Sketch Challenge with the Stamp Tramps of Skipping Stones Design! We are so excited to have the talented Maren Benedict join us this whole month as our Guest Sketch Artist!

Here is our fourth sketch for August - #39!



I absolutely loved this sketch and turned to (of course) Timeless Textures for the background. I cannot stop using this set it is love, pure love I tell ya! Sorry about the lighting! I broke one of the bulbs for my photo tent lights and with our looming vacation I haven't had a chance to replace it yet.

I paired Timeless Textures with the butterflies from Healing Wings. I sponged and distressed the edges of all the pieces, except for the butterfly that is popped up. I took an exacto knife and cut around the butterfly so the background would show through more and so it would look like the butterfly was flying off the page. ;) It definitely didn't turn out exactly as planned, but I still like the idea will just need to improve on it. Before I attached the main panel to the yellow base I cut out a square from it so the background would still show through.

Supplies
CS: Chocolate Chip, Daffodil Delight, Very Vanilla
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Daffodil Delight
Stamp: Timeless Textures and Healing Wings
Misc: Daffodil Delight ribbon

Be sure to check out the other "Stamp Tramps" and our guest sketch artist to see what they've come up with!
Amanda Sewell
Jen Ingle
Michelle Giraud
Peggy Russell
August Guest Sketch Artist Maren Benedict

4 comments:

wendyp said...

Love the way you cut away some of the butterfly to reveal the paper below it! Fabulous!!

Wendy said...

Really cute card Kandi!!! Love your butterfly!!

~amy~ said...

good grief, this is absolutely gorgeous!!!!! I'll have to pick your brain about your light tent when you get back from vaca:) I want to get one but have been getting mixed reviews from other bloggers....

love the sketch!!

Barb's Boys said...

A light tent huh? Beats running around the house looking for the best light without shadows! I love your colors, and the daffodil ribbon is gorgeous. Love the way you cut out the butterfly so it could 'take flight'!