Monday, August 16, 2010

Anniverysary and 10 Year Reunion...

Today is my 9 year wedding anniversary, and this weekend also marks my 10 year high school reunion...crazy on both accounts! I spent a lot of time this weekend reflecting on life in general and as my outlet so comes the post on my blog. ;)
It's amazing to me that so much time has flown by. On one hand it feels like Jake and I have been together forever, that there was never a time we weren't together....that such a time where "us" as a couple didn't exist is unfathomable and unthinkable. It feels like yesterday I met Jake, yet I have years of memories stored that I can reflect and savor at any moment.
My reunion...well I won't be attending (prior commitments), but we have all been asked to send in a few photographs and a short paragraph of what we have been up to since high school for a slide show.
This prompted me to ask myself...what have I been up to?! I'm not super successful in a crazy or cool career (Lawyer, Doctor, Bunjee Jumper Instructor, Lion Tamer, etc.), but I love my job and the company I work for. How many people can say their company has a 2010 Porsche Cayman that is the Employee of the Month car, or that they are the face of their company and can name almost every single one of the 300 employees?! ;)
Then I reflected on my family. And what an amazing family I have! Jake is amazing, I couldn't ask for a better friend or husband. We really are best friends and there is no one I'd rather spend the rest of my life with, growing old together and reminiscing on days past, than him. My kids are more than I could ask or hope for. I cannot even begin to tell you how much joy and laughter these kiddos bring into our lives! Sure they can bring some irritation (ha) and all those other downsides of raising kids (ha), but I could never ask for better kids and I absolutely love being their Mother.
Finally, I reflected on my passion, my hobby. I decided I had to include some of my crafty endeavors in my little bio for my school reunion thing because that embodies who I am, a part of me. As much as my family and my career define me, so too does this hobby.
Although I may not have traveled the world, moved up the corporate ladder, invented something, or started my own business, I know that I've accomplished many things in the last 10 years, and I'm happy with the person I am today. If I had a chance to give my 18 year old self some advice it would be this.....
Enjoy each and every day and live life to the fullest.
Luckily, I think I have done just that, and will continue to embody that life motto. I have cried hard and laughed harder. I have greived and I have loved. I have hungered and thirsted for more in life, and then I have gorged on the buffet life prepared and presented me. I love the adventure life has given me and I only look forward with optimism and excitement for the next 10 years!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I think you've done pretty good for yourself by what you've described! Here's to the next 10 years!

Della said...

Happy Anniversary!