Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Always Here Release Blog Hop!

Welcome to Skipping Stones Design’s Blog Hop to celebrate the release of a new stamp set, Always Here. If you've just happened upon my blog, you're in for a wonderful treat today! I'm the first stop on today's blog hop so grab your coffee and enjoy the hop.


Combined with the blog hop today, it's also Skipping Stones Sketch Tuesday which means the Design Team is showcasing another fabulous sketch from Maren Benedict! We'd love for you to play along with the sketch and link your card at the Skipping Stones Blog. Just remember to use the keywords SSD040 if you are uploading to any online galleries.


This is sadly the last sketch from Maren, but we have loved playing with her sketches each week! This last one I really deviated from the sketch, but I think you can still see how I was inspired by it! :)

As you can see I turned the sketch for starters!



In the sketch the butterflies represent the stars and instead of using a base for the butterflies I left that layer out so I could add the little swirl underneath the butterflies. The swirl is from Well Behaved, and is the perfect addition to the swirly butterflies! Both of the gorgeous butterflies from Always Here are embossed in white. For a finishing touch on the sentiment I stamped the smaller butterfly in VersaMark to add just a subtle touch to tie in with the top portion of the card.

Below is a master list of all our blog hop participants in case the chain is ever broken. Once you make it to the last blog be sure to head back to Skipping Stones Design so you can link up your card based on this sketch!

I have TWO Skipping Stones Design sets to give away today, so that means we will have TWO lucky winners! I'm keeping the sets a secret but I know you will LOVE them! Please leave a comment (maybe tell me what set you are burning to have and would love to win!) to be entered for a chance to win a set! I'll be announcing my winners on Friday 9/3!

I now have the pleasure of sending you to Kryssi Ng! Kryssi did the font work on all of the sentiments in Always Here and I'm so glad she is participating with us! I'm sure you'll agree that the fonts she used are simply gorgeous and you'll absolutely love stamping with them!



Kandi Phillips http://kraftykandikrafts.blogspot.com/

19 comments:

down_memory_lane said...

Beautiful cards! I can totally see the sketch in it but very unique :)
Happy blog hop !

Jingle said...

This is a really cute card, Kandi!

craftymom205 said...

Lovely card. I just love the butterflies.

Wendy said...

I want that set......Cute card!! I love it!!!

deesdesigns said...

Those butterflies are to die for - love your take on the sketch

Charlene said...

Very pretty!

skippy stamps said...

I LOVE your New picture! The card in Beautiful!!!!!

Kryssi said...

Super pretty card, Kandi!

Chelsea said...

Oh, so cute Kandi! Love this set!

Stephanie said...

I love the butterflies

wendyp said...

oh wow! Kandi, this is stunning! Love that butterfly stamped in the versamark on the kraft!

~amy~ said...

lovely...

Helen F. said...

Ohhh how pretty, love this sketch and those beautiful butterflies!

Camishel said...

Love how you did the card..beautiful!

Mirabelka said...

wonderful card! I love the swirl butterfly stamp!!!

Laura {aka scrapaddict} said...

I love the new release.....always there!! Beautiful new stamps, and great card!!

Jill said...

What a nicely unique card, Kandi! I am a fairly recent SSD admirer, and my favorites are the FUNNY sets! SSD has the best humorous sets out there, IMHO.

catnap said...

The white detailed butterflies are gorgeous, and I love the sense of movement on the card. So many possibilities with butterflies!

Barb's Boys said...

Beautiful butterflies Kandi - love it!