Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sad News...

I was going to share a card today, but I received some devastating news last night from one of my closest girlfriends. As I snuggled in my husbands arms, and he held me as I cried, I felt almost guilty because my dear friend will never experience that with her sweet husband again. I cannot imagine my life without Jake and I can't fathom what she is going through right now. So if I can offer a word of advice today, instead of a card, it would be this - Don't let one day go by without telling your loved ones how much they mean to you. Hold them tight and don't let go...

Please excuse my blogging absence if I go MIA for a little while, but you will know why and I'm sure you will all understand. If you have taken a moment to read this, please take care and make sure your friends and family know how much you love them. I appreciate every single one of you that takes a few minutes out of your day to read my little blog-o.


ETA: More horrible news... I just received word at 6:30 am that my beautiful cousin Whitney was killed in a car accident last night. My other two cousins (her younger siblings) are in critical condition and desperately need all the prayers and positive thoughts you can send their way. Please, please, please don't forget my advice. Trying to wrap my head around all of this...
Take Care,
Kandi

8 comments:

Melissa said...

My heart goes out to your friend. It's always a good reminder to not take people for granted. We are not promised a single day on this earth and sometimes little things can get in the way. I for one thank you for this reminder because I was letting something silly get me down yesterday. Thank you...I'm going to go hug my hubby right now!

kT said...

*HUGS* I can't even imagine. Take all the time you need.

Jessica Wekenman said...

Oh my gosh! I can't imagine what you are feeling right now! I was brought to tears just reading this news. I'm at a loss for words, but you and your loved ones will be in my thoughts and prayers!
{{{HUGS}}}

Barb's Boys said...

So sorry Kandi...will pray for all of you.

Gailanne said...

Hugs and prayers to you at this time, Kandi. Two shocks at once are rocking your world, but things will settle in time and you'll be able to cope with the losses. Stay strong and know that friends support you.

Tenia Nelson said...

Hugs out to your friend, you and your family! So sorry for your losses.

dini said...

Oh my gosh! I am just now reading this. So sorry for your loss, and feeling for you as your heart wants to be in so many places at the same time.

Kathy said...

so sorry! *hugs*