Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Happy 4th!

So this year I didn't get any pics of our typical 4th of July. Normally we do the parade in the morning, visit the car show in the afternoon, and then BBQ and watch fireworks and then do some sparklers, etc. This year we went on a camping trip so I didn't get our normal shots, bummer. But, I know the kids will remember this year and I still have other pics (lake, camping, etc.) that I can scrapbook!

This is a photo from two summers ago of the kids and I waiting for the fireworks to start. It cracks me up how different all of us look, ha! I used the July Commit 2 Paper kit (all DT layouts on the site on the 16th!), some Nashville Ribbon Wraps ribbon (its papery!), and some buttons to complete this layout.




I also did this layout with the Soul Scrappers Theme Challenge 13 in mind, but missed the deadline, lol. Either way it was fun to do a red/green page with one other color (blue) and make it not Christmas related! This also is a challenge in the 52 More Scrapbooking Challenges book - #18. Go fishing for complements (complementary colors). I've updated my list so you can see all the challenges and the ones I've completed (with layouts) HERE.

No comments: