Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Forget about love...

Hi everyone! It's Tuesday and that means its time for another SSD Sketch Challenge with the Stamp Tramps of Skipping Stones Design!

Here is the next sketch for this month from the amazing Kim Kesti!




My inspiration for this card came from this picture. I knew I wanted to make a chocolate in a bag with that half circle, but didn't know how to go about "decorating" my chocolate so it didn't look like just a half circle of cardstock in a bag! ;)


I reversed the colors (so it would be more chocolate looking) and used a Versamark pen to make "chocolate drizzles" and embossed those with white ep. I had some of these clear baggies left over from some birthday party or another and it was a perfect fit! I tied it with some hemp, and then cut off the extra from the top of the bag.




I took the chocolates from Chocolate #1 to make the background on the green patterned paper, and the sentiment is from Chocolate #2. For the dots and the exclamation point I used a new set coming out later this month. I love being able to mix and match my stamp sets! :)


Be sure to check out the other "Stamp Tramps" and our guest sketch artist to see what they've come up with!
Amanda Sewell
Angela Thomas
Chels VanWyk
Erin Grotegut
Jen Ingle
Michelle Giraud
Peggy Russell
July Guest Sketch Artist Kim Kesti

2 comments:

wendyp said...

love how you created the piece of chocolate! Yummy!

Barb's Boys said...

Wow, that is perfect Kandi! So creative!