Friday, June 4, 2010

Yay Friday!

ACK!!! I forgot to hit PUBLISH last night!! Belated post!!
As much as I love me some short weeks I almost wish there was another work day this week, ha! Crazy right?! I'm sure by the end of the day Friday I'll be laughing at myself and thinking how ridiculous that is, but I'm sure some of you out there know what I mean.


Anyway, some fun stuff today...

At 3pm today (CST I think), I'll have an article go up at Craft Critique about the EK Success Punch Revitalizer. Be sure to check it out!

Next, how about (yet again, ha) another layout! ;) Don't worry, I feel the "card craftiness" coming back, and while I'll still be working on my layouts it won't be selectively one or the other I think.


I actually had a hard time deciding which layout to show today because everything I've created with the June Commit 2 Paper kit I absolutely love. It's such a good combo of colors and embellishments that have been working so well with cute pics I have of Gwynie! But I figure they will all be shown eventually so I just had to pick one!


So how about this one - it was at the beginning of school last year. Brady started a week after Gwynie did (they do a week of testing for the Kindergarteners and then school officially starts for them), so this was his first day, and her "first day" of her second week of school. And I just realized, the date is wrong on this! It was actually 2008 not 09, I'll have to fix that before it goes in her book, oops.


So for the layout, I took some of the patterned papers/solid reverse sides and cut them into 1/2 in and 1 inch strips and randomly cut them at either 10 or 11 inches long. I stacked and layered them and then added pictures and a few embellishments. I love the way different colors peek through!




The journaling reads:


You are so confident and know exactly who you are and what you want to be in life. I love that you are only 10, but have it all figured out!


Of course she doesn't have it alllll figured out (HA!), but I love that she is so passionate already about the things she wants in life and how to get there. Ever since she was 2 years old she's wanted to be a Neonatal Nurse (baby nurse). At 2 she was watching the Labor and Delivery shows and was fascinated by it all. She was always alarmed when the baby was in distress, and always breathed a cute little sigh of relief when everything was ok. She's always loved babies and I know she's counting down until she can actually baby-sit a real live baby! :) (Um friends babies, not us - we are DONE, ha!)


Anyway, a super fun layout and it was super quick. I actually did this layout in about 45 minutes, and it only took that long because I kept cutting and rearranging the strips. ;) So that falls under the challenge #11. Finish a page in 45 minutes - for the 52 More Scrapbooking Challenges book. Sweet! Hope your weekend is a blast!


http://www.cmp.ly/0

1 comment:

Barb's Boys said...

Wow, you're good - it looks like it took lots longer than that...love the staggered paper pieces.